Around the NFL - Week 3

Texas_OutLaw7

10 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Okay. But. A phantom OPI and poor ST play and we are 3-0. So...

And see, there in lies our problem. It's still the same story with this team. 

A phantom "no catch call" and...

If we didn't drop 5 passes vs Philly last year we're in the playoffs.

If, if, if. Always the story.

It's not better players or coaching.

It's execution. When these guys can execute a game plan without all the mistakes, then we won't have to worry about a phantom call or the refs or whatever.

Just pay attention to the details, fundamentals and frickin execute!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's execution. When these guys can execute a game plan without all the mistakes, then we won't have to worry about a phantom call or the refs or whatever.

Sure. But my response was a direct refute of someone asserting if not for one minor change we are winless. Which is accurate. But it's a two way street if someone wants to play. 

15 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

It's the same story for almost any team though. Throughout the game there are certain plays that determine the outcome of a football game. Right now the team is having many of those plays not go in their favor. 

28 minutes ago, buddy_z34 said:

It's the same story for almost any team though. Throughout the game there are certain plays that determine the outcome of a football game. Right now the team is having many of those plays not go in their favor. 

And that's poor execution. I just don't get it. If I ran my students concert band with the same lack of attention to details and carelessness, they would suck!

In many cases, it's not as if the other team is doing something disruptive, Seattle's pass rush aside-thats 1 game, the plays are there, we just don't execute.

Or when we do, there is laundry on the field.

49 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Cowboys have the second best odds to win their respective division. Only chiefs have better odds. 

https://twitter.com/CowboysStats/status/1310758589515075585?s=19

We are going to win the east. Not because we are amazing. We are good at 1 thing - throwing to Gallup. But the rest of the East is so bad. I was working earlier and watching highlights from yesterday...... The East is seriously sooooooo bad.

1 hour ago, buddy_z34 said:

Dallas winning the division does nothing for them but give them a later draft pick. It's a lose-lose situation 

It's an interesting argument because we have seen both extremes. 

Packers and Giants have won as wild cards. 

Eagles lost out on lamb for winning the division. 

Give me a prayer and the playoffs though. 

1 hour ago, Rtnldave said:

And that's poor execution. I just don't get it. If I ran my students concert band with the same lack of attention to details and carelessness, they would suck!

In many cases, it's not as if the other team is doing something disruptive, Seattle's pass rush aside-thats 1 game, the plays are there, we just don't execute.

Or when we do, there is laundry on the field.

I don’t know how many times I can say this before people start listening: Jerry Jones is the problem. When you coddle players, make it known that *you* are the one in control, reward mediocrity, and never hold people accountable, these are the results.