Week 3: Tampa Bay at Denver

AKRNA

1 minute ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You can see it in his eyes - Driskel is petrified out there. Scared to death. 

Scarily similar to Siemian at this point. Buckle up guys - these next few weeks are going to test us more than we've perhaps ever been tested.

He also seems to need to throw the ball 100 mph every time.  Nonetheless, I'd rather see Rypien out there.  I don't think Driskell should even be a back up.  

3 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

You can see it in his eyes - Driskel is petrified out there. Scared to death. 

Scarily similar to Siemian at this point. Buckle up guys - these next few weeks are going to test us more than we've perhaps ever been tested.

Can ya blame him? He took half a season worth of punishment just last week.

10 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

Great way to finish the half. We've got lot's of problems but quitting isn't one of them.

Fangio now has to show he can keep a young team together through tough times. Keep spirits up and make sure young guys continue to work hard and focus week to week. This team has talent but with Driskel we can lose any game. 

Edited by BroncoBruin

4 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

This is a 2010, 2017 type of loss to remind you we’re tied to this team for life, good and bad and miserable.

This pass rush sure does remind me of that team where we had Mario Haggan and Darrell Reid as our outside pass rushers ...

Maybe the most worrying thing I've seen on tape thus far is the lack of explosion from Bradley Chubb.

He was a power explosion player before the injury, rather than a dip and rip type, but his get off now is so scarily bad as a pass rusher. I'm sure it takes time, but he looks like a heavy DT trying to edge rush right now.

If you guys have the means to rewind, go that 3rd down conversion to Godwin on the sideline. Chubb honestly doesn't get more than a yard deeper than the LOS. Zero get off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This pass rush sure does remind me of that team where we had Mario Haggan and Darrell Reid as our outside pass rushers ...

Maybe the most worrying thing I've seen on tape thus far is the lack of explosion from Bradley Chubb.

He was a power explosion player before the injury, rather than a dip and rip type, but his get off now is so scarily bad as a pass rusher. I'm sure it takes time, but he looks like a heavy DT trying to edge rush right now.

If you guys have the means to rewind, go that 3rd down conversion to Godwin on the sideline. Chubb honestly doesn't get more than a yard deeper than the LOS. Zero get off.

lol.jpg

It was the pass to Miller; my mistake.

That is about 4 seconds after the snap. He's moved 2 yards. Absolutely walled by the rookie.

51 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Get in the playbook and start calling better protections then. He's as much to blame as anyone for the fact he got smacked so much last week.

Agreed too an extent.  The interior OL is pretty awful in pass pro though.  I was expecting this from Cushenberry.  He’s a rookie and was abused at times in pass pro at LSU, but Risner and Glasgow have not been much better.