Jump to content
AKRNA

Week 3: Tampa Bay at Denver

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, germ-x said:

I know there was talk about dreaming of Lawrence.  It’s not a dream, it’s just a potential reality.  I really don’t know that this team is better than NYJ right now and NYJ is the only team I think Denver is capable of beating at this point.

I agree.  And out schedule is probably harder since we have to play the West, the NFC South, and AFC North teams.  It's starting to look like a #1 overall might be where we go.  It might be fun to have the #1 overall pick.  I haven't seen that as a Bronco fan. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lomaxgrUK said:

This pass rush sure does remind me of that team where we had Mario Haggan and Darrell Reid as our outside pass rushers ...

Maybe the most worrying thing I've seen on tape thus far is the lack of explosion from Bradley Chubb.

He was a power explosion player before the injury, rather than a dip and rip type, but his get off now is so scarily bad as a pass rusher. I'm sure it takes time, but he looks like a heavy DT trying to edge rush right now.

If you guys have the means to rewind, go that 3rd down conversion to Godwin on the sideline. Chubb honestly doesn't get more than a yard deeper than the LOS. Zero get off.

This has easily been the story of the season on the defensive side of the ball. Chubb looks wrecked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Patrick Morris having the best game of any Bronco today. 

Who'd he replace?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who isn’t a disappointment?

Anyone?

Chubb is a joke, so is the entire OL, and that does include Risner, who was hot garbage today and has always been overrated (like Lindsay) by the casual fan pandering Denver media since he grew up somewhat locally. 

Bring on the Jets. I’m so done with this team for the season. When they’re sold, and depending upon to whom they’re sold, maybe I’ll start caring again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Who isn’t a disappointment?

Anyone?

Chubb is a joke, so is the entire OL, and that does include Risner, who was hot garbage today and has always been overrated (like Lindsay) by the casual fan pandering Denver media since he grew up somewhat locally. 

Bring on the Jets. I’m so done with this team for the season. When they’re sold, and depending upon to whom they’re sold, maybe I’ll start caring again. 

Rofl don’t post on game days anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Complete tire fire, but frankly with the injuries and the quality at QB currently, hard to expect much more than what we're currently seeing. Everyone looked wildly disinterested. I think the highlight of this game for me was the fact that the under (43.5) hit. Beyond that, not much happening. Hard for me to really blame this on anyone- the sheer # of injuries we've had are clearly taking their toll, and we have a lot of young guys with no real offseason. I don't think we're actually this bad, but we are still a bad team given the # of injuries.

I think we are easily a team with a Top 5 pick. Could be bad enough to get #1 overall. And frankly, if that's even a remote option, we better go full tank for Lawrence. As I said on Twitter- there's no benefit to some moral victories and the 8th pick. We have a young offense with the pieces in place. If you can get Lawrence (or maybe Fields), go do it

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep in mind Denver is destroyed by injuries and youth.  The starting QB is out, the best offensive player is out, and the best defensive player is out.

Further, rookies take time and especially rookie WRs.  So while it sounds great to have Jeudy/Hamler, it will take time.  Which means Denver is basically working with nothing offensively.  

They’re also starting 2 rookie CBS basically.  

Edited by germ-x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Who isn’t a disappointment?

Anyone?

Chubb is a joke, so is the entire OL, and that does include Risner, who was hot garbage today and has always been overrated (like Lindsay) by the casual fan pandering Denver media since he grew up somewhat locally. 

Bring on the Jets. I’m so done with this team for the season. When they’re sold, and depending upon to whom they’re sold, maybe I’ll start caring again. 

If they have another bad season, and Elway somehow resigns, that may happen sooner than later because Ellis may be more exposed without Elway in the building.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, germ-x said:

Keep in mind Denver is destroyed by injuries and youth.  The starting QB is out, the best offensive player is out, and the best defensive player is out.

Further, rookies take time and especially rookie WRs.  So while it sounds great to have Jeudy/Hamler, it will take time.  Which means Denver is basically working with nothing offensively.  

They’re also starting 2 rookie CBS basically.  

Rookies who didn’t have an offseason either.  Youngest offense in the league + injuries is a recipe for disaster:

Missed the game, doesn’t look like I missed much though. 
 

I struggle to think outside of the Jets who Denver can beat on the schedule.  Maybe Miami, CAR is an 11 AM east coast game.  I’m n optimistic For the rest of the season but hopefully the young guys improve and Drew comes back healthy 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Rookies who didn’t have an offseason either.  Youngest offense in the league + injuries is a recipe for disaster:

Missed the game, doesn’t look like I missed much though. 
 

I struggle to think outside of the Jets who Denver can beat on the schedule.  Maybe Miami, CAR is an 11 AM east coast game.  I’m n optimistic For the rest of the season but hopefully the young guys improve and Drew comes back healthy 

100% agreed.  This is not going to be a good year.  I never thought Denver would compete for the playoffs, but thought we’d go into next year optimistic.  I really don’t see that right now.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As we even saw today with the talent of Jeudy/Hamler....Tim Patrick, a veteran, is still probably the best WR on the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...