Week 3: Tampa Bay at Denver

AKRNA

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Honestly, the Coordinators besides Special teams, I would give a pass too this year. Except Fangio. Dude is terrible being the head guy. And It seems like Everytime Lock gets hit, he gets hurt. Part of him getting drilled into the turf was his own fault. I'll be the first to call out the OL and say they're trash too. But they're all new players who haven't played together in a new scheme. Cush is the only one with an excuse and Wilkinson shouldn't even have played D1 ball

How is Lock’s injury his fault?   He felt Watt coming (who had most QB's there dead to rights) and did a great job avoiding a sack.   He then stumbled avoiding Watt on what is accepted as one of the worst fields in the league, which put him in the vulnerable spot.  There wasn't time to get rid of the ball or even go down once he started stumbling - he got hit immediately after that.   Bad luck happens.   That’s not on Lock.  

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

How is Lock’s injury his fault?   He felt Watt coming (who had most QB's there dead to rights) and did a great job avoiding a sack.   He then stumbled avoiding Watt on what is accepted as one of the worst fields in the league, which put him in the vulnerable spot.  There wasn't time to get rid of the ball or even go down once he started stumbling - he got hit immediately after that.   Bad luck happens.   That’s not on Lock.  

Gotta know when to get rid of the ball and live to play another down. He's too frail and it's a problem. Gotta protect the football and yourself.

5 minutes ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Gotta know when to get rid of the ball and live to play another down. He's too frail and it's a problem. Gotta protect the football and yourself.

Show us all where he's "supposed to know when to get rid of the ball".

That's literally one of the absolute worst takes of all time.   It's embarrassingly bad.   

22 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Who isn’t a disappointment?

Anyone?

Chubb is a joke, so is the entire OL, and that does include Risner, who was hot garbage today and has always been overrated (like Lindsay) by the casual fan pandering Denver media since he grew up somewhat locally. 

Bring on the Jets. I’m so done with this team for the season. When they’re sold, and depending upon to whom they’re sold, maybe I’ll start caring again. 

My friend once ran a magazine in the Detroit area.  He is still well connected and in February of this year we went over for dinner.  He advised me that the Ford family was offered to relieve itself of the Lions for a huge amount of money.  The Ford's though are a bunch of clowns and declined.  My son was with me and we both drooled at the thought of Mr Bezos buying the Broncos - now that would be truly something.  Here's hoping...............

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

Show us all where he's "supposed to know when to get rid of the ball".

That's literally one of the absolute worst takes of all time.   It's embarrassingly bad.   

This seasons almost become unwatchable lol. And can we really expect it to change when Lock comes back? That play wasn't his fault I agree but I still think our line gets him killed upon return.

And I literally have no clue who to be frustrated with in this oline it's not like Elway isn't putting resources into via free agency or the draft which once was an issue in 2016.

Bolles first round pick

Risner second round pick

Cush third round pick 

Glassgow huge fan contact.

James huge free agent contract.

In terms of the pass pro issues, everyone is to blame.  Driskel isn’t good.  But there’s also plays where it’s 100% the OL.  I mean there was a snap in the 2nd half where Cushenberry literally passed off the A gap DT to his left and then the blitzing LB and then blocked no one.  That’s not on a QB.  I can’t think of any time I’ve seen an OL be able to pass off 2 pass rushers, just doesn’t happen. 

The above wasn’t like he was beaten either.  He literally passed them off.  Made slight contact and passed it off for the RG or RB.  In that instance it was Freeman who he left to block 2 players straight up the middle. That’s just bad football and bad instincts.  I like Cushenberry, but that isn’t new.  He on tape and analytically was one of the worst pass protecting OC’s in years.  

• Like 2