ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Pitching match ups don’t give yanks game one. 

I take it’s gray vs Bauer. Bauer has a 1.38 era vs the yanks, Sonny is around 4.86 I believe. Bauer has been a complete stud the 2nd half. Gray hasn’t pitched as well. 

Game one should favor Cleveland easily

You made that up... Bauer had a good game against Yanks in August but before that Bauer was 1-4 with 5.34 ERA against the yankees.

Bauer has a career best ERA against of 4.18 in his 6 year career... Bauer is also 0-2 with a 5.27 ERA in the postseason (Gray is 0-1 with a 2.08 ERA). That is not someone you want in game 1 of the playoffs.

Gray has played 6 seasons the same amount as Bauer. Of the 6 seasons 5 of them are better than Bauer career high ERA... Gray is by far the better pitcher. Trevor may be pitching better as of late but Gray should still have the pitching advantage.

If Indians really wanted to use Kluber in game 2 then they should have started Carrasco game 1.

Cant believe you actually said Indians has the pitching advantage with a pitcher who has been consistantly worse in the regular season and postseason. 

4 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Completely irrelevant stat lol

The 2nd one is irrelevant because that could be from numerous years ago but that 1st one is kinda relevant in fact that its recent and it shows that the better teams loses a majority of the time.

15 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

The 2nd one is irrelevant because that could be from numerous years ago but that 1st one is kinda relevant in fact that its recent and it shows that the better teams loses a majority of the time.

Don’t care, it’s like having pocket aces in poker and losing 8 times in a row, I’m still taking the aces as my ninth hand.

I think if Sevy starts game 3 then Yanks have potential to win in 4. If he pitches game 2 then I see it as inevitable  that we lose in game 5 to Kluber. The issue is if we do start Severino game 3 then we are stuck with Gray or Tanaka in game 5 if we dont end it in 4.

Gray vs Bauer- Adv Gray

Tanaka vs Kluber- Adv Kluber

Severino vs Carrasco- Adv Severino

Sabathia vs Tomlin- Adv Sabathia

Although if we start Sevy game 2 i see it as this

Gray vs Bauer- Adv Gray

Severino vs Kluber- Adv Kluber

Tanaka vs Carrasco- Adv Carrasco

Sabathia vs Tomlin- Adv Sabathia

Then of course Kluber will probably take us in game 5.

Obviously this is all on paper and doesnt take into consideration batting and bullpen play but the bullpens are about even and playoff baseball always seems to come down to pitching and match ups.

15 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

If you wanna say they're more talented, I won't argue, but I think NY is the deepest team in the league easily. 

No, I think Cleveland has the most organizational depth in baseball, especially on the pitching side. Zach McAllister, Dan Otero, and Zach Goody aren't even good enough to make their ALDS roster and they're pretty good. 

5 minutes ago, NewAge said:

No, I think Cleveland has the most organizational depth in baseball, especially on the pitching side. Zach McAllister, Dan Otero, and Zach Goody aren't even good enough to make their ALDS roster and they're pretty good. 

NY just won a game where the Bullpen pitched 8.2 innings, with another dominant arm who didn't even play.

If Cleveland wins the series, it won't be because they're deeper.

Archived