ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

2 hours ago, marshawn lynch said:

You made that up... Bauer had a good game against Yanks in August but before that Bauer was 1-4 with 5.34 ERA against the yankees.

Bauer has a career best ERA against of 4.18 in his 6 year career... Bauer is also 0-2 with a 5.27 ERA in the postseason (Gray is 0-1 with a 2.08 ERA). That is not someone you want in game 1 of the playoffs.

Gray has played 6 seasons the same amount as Bauer. Of the 6 seasons 5 of them are better than Bauer career high ERA... Gray is by far the better pitcher. Trevor may be pitching better as of late but Gray should still have the pitching advantage.

If Indians really wanted to use Kluber in game 2 then they should have started Carrasco game 1.

Cant believe you actually said Indians has the pitching advantage with a pitcher who has been consistantly worse in the regular season and postseason. 

Oh you are going to use the numbers from last years post season when Bauer was pitching with stitches on his pitching hand and had to be pull because he was bleeding too much. GTFO!

only a good game in August for him? Yeah aug 30 he threw a 4 hit 1 run outing against the yanks in NY and back on aug 4 he threw a 7 hit 1 run outing against them.

also there is a reason Bauer has been one of the best pitchers in the league in the 2nd half of the season. 

45 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

NY just won a game where the Bullpen pitched 8.2 innings, with another dominant arm who didn't even play.

If Cleveland wins the series, it won't be because they're deeper.

If there is one team that can match the Yankees depth in the bullpen it’s the Indians. What the twins had to get into their bullpen they were done for. 

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

I think if Sevy starts game 3 then Yanks have potential to win in 4. If he pitches game 2 then I see it as inevitable  that we lose in game 5 to Kluber. The issue is if we do start Severino game 3 then we are stuck with Gray or Tanaka in game 5 if we dont end it in 4.

Gray vs Bauer- Adv Gray

Tanaka vs Kluber- Adv Kluber

Severino vs Carrasco- Adv Severino

Sabathia vs Tomlin- Adv Sabathia

Although if we start Sevy game 2 i see it as this

Gray vs Bauer- Adv Gray

Severino vs Kluber- Adv Kluber

Tanaka vs Carrasco- Adv Carrasco

Sabathia vs Tomlin- Adv Sabathia

Then of course Kluber will probably take us in game 5.

Obviously this is all on paper and doesnt take into consideration batting and bullpen play but the bullpens are about even and playoff baseball always seems to come down to pitching and match ups.

Sevy and Cookie are a wash. No adv. if you want to dive deeper into it. Cookie is about a full run better on the road where Sevy is a run worse at home. 

You can look into all the adv stats. It shows the Indians top3 are better than the Yankees top3 pitchers. 

Like you said it’s aboht pitching match ups. Indians have the better starters and the bullpens are about a wash. 

To me it comes down to home field, defense and the manager. Indians have the better defensive infield and the better manager

56 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

NY just won a game where the Bullpen pitched 8.2 innings, with another dominant arm who didn't even play.

When I'm talking about depth, I'm talking about the number of the guys that are legitimate major league options. The Indians have well more than 25. 

The Yankees may be the second deepest team (or third behind the Dodgers), but the Indians top everyone. The Yankees probably will surpass them in like a year once their absurd minor league pitching depth becomes major league ready. 

44 minutes ago, NewAge said:

When I'm talking about depth, I'm talking about the number of the guys that are legitimate major league options. The Indians have well more than 25. 

The Yankees may be the second deepest team (or third behind the Dodgers), but the Indians top everyone. The Yankees probably will surpass them in like a year once their absurd minor league pitching depth becomes major league ready. 

I agree Cleveland is real deep. But I just don't see that being an advantage over NY. 

I said before, If NY has a shot in this series, they gotta win game 1. It'd be an extremely difficult road if they don't.

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Cleveland literally did the same thing last postseason and their pen is better this year. 

24 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I have a crazy feeling Tanaka comes out on Friday and matches zeros with Kluber. When he’s on 5+ Days rest he’s been so much better. 

This is also what we got Sonny Gray for. Let’s see what he’s got.

Not really.  Gray is a solid MOR starter.  He's not a TOR starter that you acquire to give you an advantage in the playoffs.

56 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

I have a crazy feeling Tanaka comes out on Friday and matches zeros with Kluber. When he’s on 5+ Days rest he’s been so much better. 

This is also what we got Sonny Gray for. Let’s see what he’s got.

Really? On 4days he his era is 4.04. On 5days his era is 5.21 and on 6+ days it’s 4.6. 

I don’t know if I see him matching zeros with the best pitcher in baseball at the moment

Archived