ALDS: Yankees vs. Indians

mission27

ALDS  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• New York CS
    • Cleveland Fleas

19 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Really? On 4days he his era is 4.04. On 5days his era is 5.21 and on 6+ days it’s 4.6. 

I don’t know if I see him matching zeros with the best pitcher in baseball at the moment

Hmm my bad for the misinformation coulda sworn I heard something different lol

11 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

Read my posts. Nowhere I said they're not any good...

You said the Yankees are "easily" the deepest team in the league and when greenie refuted that you cited that they just used their pen for 8.2 innings in a playoff game. Cleveland did the same exact thing last season and their bullpen is even better this year. 

Cleveland has had the best bullpen ERA and FIP in baseball this year.  Their lineup is probably on par with the Yankees and they have a deeper rotation. Just not sure how you're saying the Yankees are easily the deepest team in the league. 

Yankees are a year early. I think the Indians take it. And I'm a Yankees fan. The Yankees will need their pitchers to step up in a major way. I just am not sold that Gray, Sabathia, and Severino will deliver. Gray has been up and down since he got here. You never know what C.C. will give you, and as good as Severino was all year, he struggled against the Twins. This team just might be too young for the bright lights. But I'll be hoping that Gray, Sabathia, and Severino surprise in a big way. I just feel like Kluber always shuts us down (maybe that perception isn't reality, IDK).

24 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Yankees are a year early. I think the Indians take it. And I'm a Yankees fan. The Yankees will need their pitchers to step up in a major way. I just am not sold that Gray, Sabathia, and Severino will deliver. Gray has been up and down since he got here. You never know what C.C. will give you, and as good as Severino was all year, he struggled against the Twins. This team just might be too young for the bright lights. But I'll be hoping that Gray, Sabathia, and Severino surprise in a big way. I just feel like Kluber always shuts us down (maybe that perception isn't reality, IDK).

Kluber always shuts everyone down.

26 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

Cocky move by Cleveland rolling out Bauer in Game 1. Basically saying hey if you don't win game 1, this series is over because you got Kluber in game 2.

At first glance, I could see how someone would think that, but it more or less boils down to a couple of things:

1. They would want Kluber to go Game 5, if necessary, hence why he's going Game 2 instead of Game 1.

2. Bauer has done VERY well against the NYY this year. Tito is into those metrics more than almost any other coach in the entire MLB.

Archived