Build-a-Staff Workshop

RpMc

3 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I am concerned about relying on an offensive coordinator that worked under Andy Reid as a Vikings head coach. The brings back bad memories. Before worrying about head coach, the team needs to find the right GM. I don't object to Paton, but I do think the team should consider all their options before giving the job to Paton.

If you look at Reid disciples, the Vikings just got the wrong one. More of them have gone on to be very successful.

5 hours ago, RpMc said:

Greg Roman would be near the top of my list. 

Has shown that he can mold an offense to his personnel in San Francisco (Kaepernick) and Baltimore (Jackson). 

He’s a couple years younger than Bienemy as well. 

Bienemy would by my number 1 but I had overlooked Roman. 

Bienemy with a young QB would be a lot of fun

9 hours ago, vikesfan89 said:

I'll throw my hat into the ring as the assistant to the general manager

When I said, the team should consider all their options I didn't expect you to take me that literally. But, I did say that so the first step in the process: Tell me what you your strategy would be to build a strong offense? What would be your defense building strategy?  

41 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

When I said, the team should consider all their options I didn't expect you to take me that literally. But, I did say that so the first step in the process: Tell me what you your strategy would be to build a strong offense? What would be your defense building strategy?  

Not vikesfan89 but I'd start improving the offense by drafting a QB in every round of the draft until one works out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cearbhall said:

Well mostly I figured I'd get him coffee and stuff but if I get promoted to assisted general manager I would start with finding the best O- line scouts and coaches that money can hire. Depending where we draft i would suggest either going QB or one of the lines in the first round. I just remembered that we don't have a2nd but I'd want 2 O-line and aQB by the end of round 5

2 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Well mostly I figured I'd get him coffee and stuff but if I get promoted to assisted general manager I would start with finding the best O- line scouts and coaches that money can hire. Depending where we draft i would suggest either going QB or one of the lines in the first round. I just remembered that we don't have a2nd but I'd want 2 O-line and aQB by the end of round 5

That is enough for me to support your candidacy for assistant to the general manager. Feel free to list my name as a reference.

17 hours ago, RpMc said:

HC - Greg Roman

DC -  Vic Fangio

Prior working relationship, and I’d be intrigued to see what Fangio could do with Smith, Kendricks, Hunter, Pierce, and Ngakoue. Heck, I’ll even throw Barr in there. 

Is Vic on the hot seat in Denver? Id be very surprised if he was because hes only been there for a year and they've been decimated by injuries this year as well.

On 9/27/2020 at 4:56 PM, RpMc said:

HC - Greg Roman

DC -  Vic Fangio

Prior working relationship, and I’d be intrigued to see what Fangio could do with Smith, Kendricks, Hunter, Pierce, and Ngakoue. Heck, I’ll even throw Barr in there. 

I’m with you. Give me Greg Roman and Justin Fields or Trey Lance. 

8 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

Is Vic on the hot seat in Denver? Id be very surprised if he was because hes only been there for a year and they've been decimated by injuries this year as well.

No idea. It hasn’t gone well, and he’s an older coach. Injuries have definitely played a part in it, you’re right. 

it’s a move I could see go either way. 

The 1st domino has to be Spielman.  I would not mind giving Patton a chance.

What scares me is thinking that if I was in Ngakoue shoes would I want to sign a contract with a team that just gutted their management and coaching staff?  I guess I feel like locking him up is pretty damn important.

• Like 2