The Ugly, Uglier, and Ugliest against New England

NYRaider

We really need to get back healthy. I know it’s the NFL and injuries are part of the game but if we come in healthier we win this game. We are missing our top 3 WRs and 2 of our best OL and it showed on offense. We desperately need Kwit back in the middle of the defense. Defense played well in the first half but the offense didn’t do their part. I think we should’ve stuck with the run longer. Ruggs was missed, he opens a lot on offense.

Took some time away. 

PG needs to go like he really needs to go. His scheme is not working. Getting ran on by this Pats offense is flat out embarrassing

Abram is obviously hurt. He looked like he was trying to avoid contact which made him look stupid a lot this game

Carr can't see the down field and needs to throw guys open and understand you're going to have to throw into tight coverage. It's the NFL if you cant do that then you're an average QB. 

Down two TD's and decided to kick a FG to make it a two score game still. Just dumb coaching 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Took some time away. 

PG needs to go like he really needs to go. His scheme is not working. Getting ran on by this Pats offense is flat out embarrassing

Abram is obviously hurt. He looked like he was trying to avoid contact which made him look stupid a lot this game

Carr can't see the down field and needs to throw guys open and understand you're going to have to throw into tight coverage. It's the NFL if you cant do that then you're an average QB. 

Down two TD's and decided to kick a FG to make it a two score game still. Just dumb coaching 

I agree, PG himself said that this was the first year that he actually has the weapons he needs to run his scheme and our defense has regressed. We're paying Joyner, Kwit, Littleton, Collins, and Nassib $42M this season and have used 3 1st round picks (Ferrell, Abram, Arnette) and a high 2nd round pick (Mullen) on defensive players since Mayock took over. And we're still not even close to respectable. There's literally no excuses anymore. 5 high profile, high paid FA and 4 very high draft picks on defensive players and we can't even be average on that end? It's ridiculous. 

Yeah, Abram definitely looks to be effected still by that shoulder, he doesn't want to wrap up. 

I've been very critical of Carr in the past but I can't even blame him for today's performance. Our OL hasn't been able to hold up very well in pass protection the last two weeks limiting the number of shots we can take down the field. Not to mention we lost Tyrell Williams before the season who's one of the better deep threats in the league, were without Ruggs who is our deep threat WR, and then lost Edwards and Gafford today. Tough to take shots down the field with Renfrow, Jones, and Agholor who have never been burners when you're playing against probably the best secondary in the NFL. 

That was definitely a terrible choice. You have to go for it there, the game was over without 7 points either way, give yourself a chance to shrink it to 6 and gain some momentum. 

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I know our LBs seem like they suck, but always losing at the LOS makes life hard. We need to revamp our defensive line in the worst way. Should have invest on the trenches instead of DBs in the past...

We've invested into the trenches too but it just hasn't worked out well. We've spent a top 5 pick on Ferrell, signed Nassib to a $7.5M/yr deal, and signed Collins to a $6M/yr deal. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Im not blaming Carr for today, but his inability to see the field is alarming and it handicaps this offense. 

It didn't seem to hurt us much the first two weeks when we scored 68 points. Even today I can't say that the offense had a bad day, we just made some critical mistakes and left a ton of points on the board. But it was a short week where we were without our top 2 WR and 2 of our best OL, it happens. 

We drove the ball all the way to the Patriots 12 yard line before Jacobs fumbled (and recovered it) on the Patriots 12 yard line. 

We started on the Patriots 14 yard line and likely would've scored a TD if it weren't for Good's costly penalty. Settling for 3. 

We drove the ball all the way to the Patriots 22 yard line before Carslon missed the kick. 

We drove all the way to the Patriots 7 yard line before we decided to go for a FG down 13. Settling for 3. 

That's 22 potential points off the board if we finish those drives with TDs. I'm not worried about the offense at all assuming we can get guys healthy. 

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Im not blaming Carr for today, but his inability to see the field is alarming and it handicaps this offense. 

Agreed, he definitely has trouble seeing deep. Not sure how people can even argue that. That doesn’t mean he hasn’t been ok this year, or that this loss was on him. He’s had 2 ok games and a great game so far, not a bad one yet. This loss isn’t on Carr. But he definitely has trouble seeing deep and that’s been obvious to me for four years. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

It didn't seem to hurt us much the first two weeks when we scored 68 points. Even today I can't say that the offense had a bad day, we just made some critical mistakes and left a ton of points on the board. But it was a short week where we were without our top 2 WR and 2 of our best OL, it happens. 

We drove the ball all the way to the Patriots 12 yard line before Jacobs fumbled (and recovered it) on the Patriots 12 yard line. 

We started on the Patriots 14 yard line and likely would've scored a TD if it weren't for Good's costly penalty. Settling for 3. 

We drove the ball all the way to the Patriots 22 yard line before Carslon missed the kick. 

We drove all the way to the Patriots 7 yard line before we decided to go for a FG down 13. Settling for 3. 

That's 22 potential points off the board if we finish those drives with TDs. I'm not worried about the offense at all assuming we can get guys healthy. 

Did it hurt them against the Saints no, but that was because the Saints couldn't cover Waller, but Ruggs was running open a lot down field. Waller on one play against the Saints was open down field as well alone. 

Like I said was Carr to blame this game no, but was he perfect no. I pointed out a flaw in his game that needs to be fixed. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Did it hurt them against the Saints no, but that was because the Saints couldn't cover Waller, but Ruggs was running open a lot down field. Waller on one play against the Saints was open down field as well alone. 

Like I said was Carr to blame this game no, but was he perfect no. I pointed out a flaw in his game that needs to be fixed. 

I agree that he needs to take more shots down the field but that should come with time assuming Ruggs is healthy. Our offense has been pretty damn good so far this season with all things considered. 

• Like 1