The Ugly, Uglier, and Ugliest against New England

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I have no issue eating crow if I'm wrong. Collins and Nassib have both been extremely disappointing to start the year. 

Littleton has been very poor this year and as you said it probably has a lot to do with playing behind a poor DL vs an elite one. And also making the transition from being a 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 OLB. 

I’m just busting balls..... I hope you don’t take it personal brother.  I’ve been very wrong many times.... it happens to everyone.  
It is what it is.... I was wrong about Bowden for the same reasons you so far seem to be wrong about Collins: we have a major need/Problem and we get overly eager to think player X is the answer.... and we let things convince us... we develop a confirmation bias throughout the offseason’s news.

i agree about Littleton.  He went from an insanely protected 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 SAM behind a bad DL.  We can’t expect the same level of play out of him.  I think he’ll be fine in time tho, not too worried.  

also.... 😝😝😝 how’d the offense do with Agholor and Jones?  Seemed like it stalled (albeit for many reasons).  My point always was these type of guys are good situational weapons but can’t be relied upon to start.  They certainly have a role within a WR unit but it’s a limited role.  And if you have a bunch of WRs with limited roles you need numerous weapons/WRs.  
This is why I think we need to get a very good backup, possibly starting outside WR next offseason.... draft or FA I don’t care.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m just busting balls..... I hope you don’t take it personal brother.  I’ve been very wrong many times.... it happens to everyone.  
It is what it is.... I was wrong about Bowden for the same reasons you so far seem to be wrong about Collins: we have a major need/Problem and we get overly eager to think player X is the answer.... and we let things convince us... we develop a confirmation bias throughout the offseason’s news.

i agree about Littleton.  He went from an insanely protected 3-4 ILB to a 4-3 SAM behind a bad DL.  We can’t expect the same level of play out of him.  I think he’ll be fine in time tho, not too worried.  

also.... 😝😝😝 how’d the offense do with Agholor and Jones?  Seemed like it stalled (albeit for many reasons).  My point always was these type of guys are good situational weapons but can’t be relied upon to start.  They certainly have a role within a WR unit but it’s a limited role.  And if you have a bunch of WRs with limited roles you need numerous weapons/WRs.  
This is why I think we need to get a very good backup, possibly starting outside WR next offseason.... draft or FA I don’t care.  

I don't take anything on here personally and enjoy engaging with you on the board. 

I think Collins disappointing this year is a lot different than Bowden though. Collins was statistically one of the best pass rushing DT's in the league last season and has been a ghost this season. I think most knew that Bowden would have a learning curve trying to learn a new position during a weird offseason, although I think everyone assumed he'd at least make the team. 

Littleton has been our worst graded defender according to PFF. He has been a major liability in coverage and sucked in run support. That's the second Rams defensive FA we've brought in who has been terrible here.

Neither guy looked great today nor should they be expected to start. But it's also a tough task for those guys to produce against the Patriots lock down secondary and Carr still finished with 260 yards, 2 TD and completed over 70% of his passes. I think you can look at any positional group on our team and say if we lost our top 3 players we'd be in trouble. We lost Williams before the year, Ruggs was out today, and we also lost Edwards early today as well. Carr is still on pace for a career year despite missing Williams, a hobbled Ruggs, and a hobbled Edwards. I think Edwards/Ruggs/Renfrow is a good enough top 3 WR going forward that you can add a cheap vet or retain or current backups and feel okay going into next season. 

5 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I disagree, I think the Line was pretty solid. They finally got some sacks. Tackling was a bigger issue. 

2 sacks from 1 guy who lead team last year, vs cam. one sack looked to be coverage sack. Cam isn't a good passer which is why I'm so upset we couldn't stop run. cam did nothing to beat us.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't take anything on here personally and enjoy engaging with you on the board. 

I think Collins disappointing this year is a lot different than Bowden though. Collins was statistically one of the best pass rushing DT's in the league last season and has been a ghost this season. I think most knew that Bowden would have a learning curve trying to learn a new position during a weird offseason, although I think everyone assumed he'd at least make the team.

Well to be specific.... I knew Bowden would take a year to really show results... but I thought we could at least use his as a hybrid receiving RB/sWR in a reduced role this year.  I knew the jump from wierd offensive style rushing QB to NFL RB would be a hard transition.  I just didn’t think we’d abandon him after 1 TC.... but who did?

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Give him Tyrell William's money after we cut him this offseason. 

I’m just curious?

why are you for not drafting a WR in rounds 2-3 POTENTIALLY if there is a great fit and great value but are for signing a big priced FA?

I’d rather happy with either...: I just said I’d consider drafting one cuz if we do then we can sign a Defensive player with that money.... and a veteran player would give us quicker results.... and I think the need for quicker production is greater on defense than at WR.

just curious that’s all.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

I’m just curious?

why are you for not drafting a WR in rounds 2-3 POTENTIALLY if there is a great fit and great value but are for signing a big priced FA?

I’d rather happy with either...: I just said I’d consider drafting one cuz if we do then we can sign a Defensive player with that money.... and a veteran player would give us quicker results.... and I think the need for quicker production is greater on defense than at WR.

just curious that’s all.

I don't think we need another young, unproven WR. A lot will depend on how Ruggs/Edwards play this season but if they're not impactful do we really want to spend another top 100 pick on a young WR after we just spent #12 and #81 on those two? Further, if you're looking to add someone that can really improve the WR core I'd prefer a proven veteran that has produced at a high level in the past over another unknown.