Week 4 GDT: Bills (3-0) @ Raiders (2-1)

NYRaider

Really tough game coming up.

They are super hot, while we are super banged up and got a beating in NE recently.

I think Gruden needs to be aggressive from the start, because Allen and Co. will put up numbers on this D for sure.

I would probably use Waller as X, Agholor as Z, Renfrow as slot, Zay as the depth everywhere, Moreau as TE1 and Witten as TE2. 

Will Sam Young be ready? Will he be an upgrade over Good?

Will Good move inside at LG then? Will he be an upgrade over Simpson after these RT games?

Kwiat will be back?

Can our D start to look like an NFL D?

7 minutes ago, Rolni said:

They are super hot, while we are super banged up and got a beating in NE recently.

I think Gruden needs to be aggressive from the start, because Allen and Co. will put up numbers on this D for sure.

I would probably use Waller as X, Agholor as Z, Renfrow as slot, Zay as the depth everywhere, Moreau as TE1 and Witten as TE2. 

Will Good move inside at LG then? Will he be an upgrade over Simpson after these RT games?

Kwiat will be back?

Waller as X ? As in wide receiver ? Why would we do that ? The guy is a mismatch problem for safeties and linebackers. 

23 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Waller as X ? As in wide receiver ? Why would we do that ? The guy is a mismatch problem for safeties and linebackers. 

Because we need a chain mover X to the outside and he is our best bet there. I wouldn't use him exclusively there, but most of the time, till we get Edwards back.

I might overthink this here and we should keep using him like we did so far...

34 minutes ago, Rolni said:

Because we need a chain mover X to the outside and he is our best bet there. I wouldn't use him exclusively there, but most of the time, till we get Edwards back.

I might overthink this here and we should keep using him like we did so far...

Yeah I think I’d rather keep him as a TE to cause the mismatch problems. He won’t have the explosiveness of a WR to play X. Like you say maybe occasionally it might work. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dessie said:

Yeah I think I’d rather keep him as a TE to cause the mismatch problems. He won’t have the explosiveness of a WR to play X. Like you say maybe occasionally it might work. 

Even Waller at TE, with our injuries at WR I expect Waller to see a lot of bracket coverages or their top cover corner. 
Their fast corner on Agholor, top cover on Renfrow, and then bracket/ double team waller is what Id expect

I would have no problem with playing Waller at the X the whole game. They have no CB that can match up with him. Sure he may not be able to beat the CB deep, but he did run a 4.5 and has the size match up. Also will do it because of his run blocking ability. Edwards has done a great job with that and we need that out wide. I said last week that was a game where you needed to run 35 times a game and they just refused to stick to the run in the first half. This is another game where the team needs to have 40 rushing attempts. If Carr has more than 25 passing attempts and the Raiders have less that 40 rushing attempts then the Raiders lost this game.

Run it and run it and run it. Keep the bills offense off the field control the clock that is the only way you win this game unless you get very lucky with the turnovers 

I think they should move Waller everywhere. I’d keep him TE at least 65% of the game, but have him play X as well. 

McDermont is a Top 5 or 6 HC in this league. He’s been absolutely phenomenal. And you know damn well he’s gonna have an excellent defensive gameplan. So we need to be creative as possible in the passing game, while also staying true to our identity and mostly pound the rock with Jacobs. Run should be the goal, first and foremost. 

Worry about Jacobs carries later. Just make sure under 340 or so. 

When you draft a player, you draft them based off of 5 years. No GM ever thinks to himself “10 year plan” with that player. When his contract comes, you have a discussion. We have Jacobs for 5 seasons, and need to get our value out of him during those 5 seasons. 

I think it was always Mayock and Grudens goal to be a Prime Super Bowl Contender in the 2022 and 2023 Seasons while 2021 being a coming out party. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Crazy how quickly TB has flopped.... but yeah if he’s unable to play AND play at a level worth his pay then he’s gotta go this offseason. 
I was very optimistic this year would be the year we could squeeze into the playoffs and next year we could make some moves and be bottom level “contenders”.... but it’s looking like a lot of the roster is going to need to be turned over and it’s unlikely we’ll be on pace for ‘21.

were 2-1 and hurt, going through one of the toughest parts of a schedule in the league, chill

If we can win one of TB or Buf well be 3-3 at the bye, a lot healthier and close out with a soft schedule. 

and not on pace for '21? Wtf come on dude, we have a young core in place, arent losing anyone we dont wat to get rid of and can easily get out of several contracts that arent performing that will creates 10s of millions in cap space. 

were 2-1 with one of the most banged up rosters in the league and we have to tear it all down and start over? give me a break...

Raiders fans suffer from PTSD so the first sign of adversity, its same ol same ol and want to throw in the white flag. Our roster is 10x better than it was 2 years ago anf were trending upwards, injuries happen we will get through it. 

Edited by Geezy

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

Kwiat will be back?

Sucks that Arnette is now out, would love to see what our defense looks like at full strength. Kwit will make a huge impact imo. Interested to see what Isaiah Johnson has. 

Alot of over reactions in this thread. Love reading the Bills comments but this game is gonna be close imo.

Our run defense has been atrocious due to Edmunds and Milano being hurt last couple weeks and the injuries keep piling up. Edmunds, Oliver and Quinton Jefferson all limited this week and questionable for Sunday. 

Offensively Dion Dawkins is hurt and has been limited all week. Hes been a stud LT so far this year playing up to his off season extension. John Brown hasn't practiced this week and I think Gabriel Davis will be starting with Diggs. Josh Allen gonna be a problem Sunday for you guys 

End of the day, your success will be determined on whether or not Josh Jacobs gets established early. Best way to neutralize Allen right now is keeping him off the field so stopping Josh Jacobs will be our top priority

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Alot of over reactions in this thread. Love reading the Bills comments but this game is gonna be close imo.

Our run defense has been atrocious due to Edmunds and Milano being hurt last couple weeks and the injuries keep piling up. Edmunds, Oliver and Quinton Jefferson all limited this week and questionable for Sunday. 

Offensively Dion Dawkins is hurt and has been limited all week. Hes been a stud LT so far this year playing up to his off season extension. John Brown hasn't practiced this week and I think Gabriel Davis will be starting with Diggs. Josh Allen gonna be a problem Sunday for you guys 

End of the day, your success will be determined on whether or not Josh Jacobs gets established early. Best way to neutralize Allen right now is keeping him off the field so stopping Josh Jacobs will be our top priority

this sub was built on over reactions bro! lol 

Good luck on Sunday, here is to a good game and no injuries!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Raider fans would be a lot more confident if we had our all-pro RT and LG. Regardless Allen is going to eaaaat on Sunday. You'll enjoy the level of ineptitude of our D. 

12 hours ago, Dessie said:

Because we're so banged up that it's going to take deviating from the norm. 

Waller is a chess piece that can be moved around. I'd trust him at X, Agholor at Z, Renfrow in the slot, and Moreau at TE on 3WR looks more than a Jones, Agholor, Renfrow, Waller one. No offense to Jones, I just think Moreau can take over TE and Waller is our best player. Why not maximize what talent we have?

For a season? No. In a pinch? Yeah, I want my best players on the field trying to win, even if it's an unorthodox way. Gotta make the best use of who is available. 

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

When you draft a player, you draft them based off of 5 years. No GM ever thinks to himself “10 year plan” with that player. When his contract comes, you have a discussion. We have Jacobs for 5 seasons, and need to get our value out of him during those 5 seasons. 

I dont agree with this. 
KC took Pat mahommes, and let him sit a year, to groom him to be there franchise qb. 
That is one very obvious, if you need more, Ill let you know more haha. 

maybe when it comes to players outside of QBs, but, whenever someone trades up, and uses mult picks to do it, I beleive they are thinking more than 5 years.