Week 4 GDT: Bills (3-0) @ Raiders (2-1)

NYRaider

3 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

If posts like that will give me a warning then why didn't you give me a warning? Because by me using the term "n00b" along with my reasoning is within the rules.

Look, being moderator and being as neutral (while having your own opinion) is hard and I can respect that. But I'm not blatantly calling people nes for no reason. I'm calling their opinion lesser than mine, just like how you and @NYRaider) are calling mine, just without the use of "n00b", which, last time I checked isnt deragatory... 

If I give you a warning, I'll make it official.

I'm clearly telling you that I'm not giving you a warning for that post. But calling anyone anything is unacceptable. I'm not going to nitpick whether some insults/comments are more inflammatory than others.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Their offense is averaging 20 ppg with Herbert starting and they're 0-3. And in all 3 games they had a chance to win the game late and Herbert came up short, lol. 

Andddddd what you're not mentioning with they're keeping it competitive with herbert at the helm.

Competitive as in, no need to run the clock at a bad ypc.... Going back to my original argument here...

The chargers o right now is wayyyyy better than. Ours considering ekeler+keenan allen = Waller +jacobs.

Do you disagree?

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If I give you a warning, I'll make it official.

I'm clearly telling you that I'm not giving you a warning for that post. But calling anyone anything is unacceptable. I'm not going to nitpick whether some insults/comments are more inflammatory than others.

So for my records, can you please give me a list of what I can/can't call people in this forum?

A reasonable request of a moderator I feel 

1 minute ago, doctordeath said:

So for my records, can you please give me a list of what I can/can't call people in this forum?

A reasonable request of a moderator I feel 

Feel free to essage me the list but I think it'd be beneficial for the entire forum (not just raiders but all of ff) is you just commented the full list. Thanks.

Edited by doctordeath

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr did not have a good game.... at all, what so ever. I’m not gonna say he had a bad game, and I’m not gonna say he’s having a bad season. He had an ok game, and is having just an ok season, but he did not keep us “in” this game. Rather laughable statement. 

We had scored on 4/5 drives, were down by 7 entering the 4th quarter with the ball, driving into Bills territory before Waller fumbled it and our defense gave up another score making it a 14 point game. 

On the final drive before the half to cut their lead to 4, the first drive of the half to cut their lead to 1, and the drive we were down by 7 with a chance to tie it at the start of the 4th quarter, Carr was 15/17 for 146 yards with a TD and also had a 10 yard scramble. What else was keeping us in the game?

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

We had scored on 4/5 drives, were down by 7 entering the 4th quarter with the ball, driving into Bills territory before Waller fumbled it and our defense gave up another score making it a 14 point game. 

On the final drive before the half to cut their lead to 4, the first drive of the half to cut their lead to 1, and the drive we were down by 7 with a chance to tie it at the start of the 4th quarter, Carr was 15/17 for 146 yards with a TD and also had a 10 yard scramble. What else was keeping us in the game?

The question boils down to:

Do you think Carr is qbotf?

Lots of talent coming out this year. Arguable they could put out stats and performance equal to him.

4 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

Andddddd what you're not mentioning with they're keeping it competitive with herbert at the helm.

Competitive as in, no need to run the clock at a bad ypc.... Going back to my original argument here...

The chargers o right now is wayyyyy better than. Ours considering ekeler+keenan allen = Waller +jacobs.

Do you disagree?

They're keeping games competitive because of their defense. They held the Chiefs to 23, Panthers to 21, and held the Buccaneers to 14 in the 1st half plus had a pick six. 

Way better than our offense? They've scored 60 points over the last three games while we've scored 77 without our top WRs. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

And many of those drives stalled with FGs. Carr is not a good redzone/near redzone QB. Heck, was around a bunch of super Carr guys watching the game and they all agree he sucks in the redzone. You Mega-Carr fans are obsessed with stats. Carr fumbled yet again at a crucial moment, missed some very crucial throws early on that could of turned the tide, threw short of 3rd down multiple times like he is famous for (why you think his % was 70 last year?), and was playing a way too shallow passing game, making the defense not respect us what so ever. 

Do I think we lost because of Carr? Absolutely not. Do I think Carr had a bad game? Absolutely not. Do I think Carr had a good game? Absolutely not, that even makes me laugh a bit. Carr has had 3 ok games and 1 absolutely great game. He was absolutely fantastic against the Saints. Take out the Saint game and he’s been a very average QB for the year. 

Although I am glad Carr hasn’t had any bad games this year. But then again, his usual stinker at KC is coming up....

4 minutes ago, doctordeath said:

The question boils down to:

Do you think Carr is qbotf?

Lots of talent coming out this year. Arguable they could put out stats and performance equal to him.

I'm not opposed to moving on from Carr for the right player. But I've also been a Raiders fan for years and I've seen how terrible our QB situation was in between the time when Gannon retired and we drafted Carr. 

There certainly are some talented QB's in the draft but we realistically have no chance at Lawerence leaving only Fields or Lance as guys we could trade up for. I like Fields but when was the last time Ohio State produced a legit starting NFL QB? I like Lance but he's extremely inexperienced with only 17 career starts and he's coming out of a D2 program. Lance has only completed 20+ passes in 1 game of his short college career and was 15/30 for 149 yards yesterday in the only game that NDSU plays all year. 

Between 2015-2019 there were 16 QB's drafted in the first round and I'd probably only take 5 of them over Carr right now: Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, and Murray. So there's a huge risk in drafting a QB early and just praying that he'll be able to put up stats and performance equal to Carr. 

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They're keeping games competitive because of their defense. They held the Chiefs to 23, Panthers to 21, and held the Buccaneers to 14 in the 1st half plus had a pick six. 

Way better than our offense? They've scored 60 points over the last three games while we've scored 77 without our top WRs. 

Stop comparing stats. Teams and their games are in a vacuum. That is my whole point: stop looking at stats.

When you watch the games, herbert has done a heck of alot better of a job keeping his team competitive than carr has--today, and if we're comparing rookie years, herbert's already wayyyyyyy better than carr's rookie year.

Carr could throw a billion tds, but to my other point, the defense is trash (plus carr doesn't have the killer instinct to get over that hump and carry us on his back), so I don't think we'll ever have the chance.

Herbert seems to have that it factor even if the win loss doesn't say it just yet. He reminds me of a bigger, stronger, faster romo.

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not opposed to moving on from Carr for the right player. But I've also been a Raiders fan for years and I've seen how terrible our QB situation was in between the time when Gannon retired and we drafted Carr. 

There certainly are some talented QB's in the draft but we realistically have no chance at Lawerence leaving only Fields or Lance as guys we could trade up for. I like Fields but when was the last time Ohio State produced a legit starting NFL QB? I like Lance but he's extremely inexperienced with only 17 career starts and he's coming out of a D2 program. Lance has only completed 20+ passes in 1 game of his short college career and was 15/30 for 149 yards yesterday in the only game that NDSU plays all year. 

Between 2015-2019 there were 16 QB's drafted in the first round and I'd probably only take 5 of them over Carr right now: Watson, Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, and Murray. So there's a huge risk in drafting a QB early and just praying that he'll be able to put up stats and performance equal to Carr. 

You'd only take 5 of them because hindsight is 20/20.

I will confidently say we should trade up (if we're not in position and the fo really is looking to move on from carr) and go for fields. He's got the accuracy but he's got the willingness to MOVE, not just willy billy like lamar but within the pocket. He reminds me of a nimbler big ben.

I agree with you, taking a qb is a risk, so is any position in the draft. You just gotta go with your scouting reports, your gut, your coaches, and turn your card in.

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

And to your when was the last te an Ohio State qb produced...

When was the last time a wyomign qb produced?

And South Dakota?

Miami of ohio?

Louiso?

Delaware?

And fresno state?

Qbs are science, research, science... And LUCK!!!!

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

And many of those drives stalled with FGs. Carr is not a good redzone/near redzone QB. Heck, was around a bunch of super Carr guys watching the game and they all agree he sucks in the redzone. You Mega-Carr fans are obsessed with stats. Carr fumbled yet again at a crucial moment, missed some very crucial throws early on that could of turned the tide, threw short of 3rd down multiple times like he is famous for (why you think his % was 70 last year?), and was playing a way too shallow passing game, making the defense not respect us what so ever. 

Do I think we lost because of Carr? Absolutely not. Do I think Carr had a bad game? Absolutely not. Do I think Carr had a good game? Absolutely not, that even makes me laugh a bit. Carr has had 3 ok games and 1 absolutely great game. He was absolutely fantastic against the Saints. Take out the Saint game and he’s been a very average QB for the year. 

Although I am glad Carr hasn’t had any bad games this year. But then again, his usual stinker at KC is coming up....

3/4 of our scoring drives stalled with FGs but I think only 1 was really Carr's fault. The first one stalled because we tried to run on 3rd and 1 with Ingold and he got stuffed. The second one stalled after Carr's 50 yard TD pass was called back due to the illegal formation. And the third one stalled after a short pass from Carr, which I agree you can put on him. Was Carr's fumble really in a crucial moment? We were already down by 14 late in the 4th quarter, lol. Don't you also think that some of our red zone offensive struggles can be chalked up to our piss poor run blocking and the fact we've been missing our top 3 WR? 

Carr completed 9 passes 10+ yards down the field today? Wanna guess how many Josh Allen completed 10+ yards down the field? 9. 

We were down by 1 at half time and down by 7 at the start of the 4th quarter with a chance to tie it but Waller's fumble turned the tide for us. 

QBA: 4,050 yards, 26 TD, 8.3 Y/A, offense averages 28.2 ppg

QBB: 4,350 yards, 32 TD, 8.0 Y/A, offense averages 27.7 ppg 

One of those QB's just led his team to a Super Bowl victory and the other is apparently not a good player. 

I've been one of Carr's biggest critics but he has played well this year, especially when you consider that our running game hasn't been nearly as effective and we've been missing our top 3 targets at WR for most of the season.

As I said before, on the 3 drives to bring us within 4, 1, and potentially tie the game Carr was 15/17 with 156 total yards and a TD. Not really a ton more you can ask him to do and if Waller doesn't fumble the ball on that drive to start the 4th it's a completely different game.