Week 4 GDT: Bills (3-0) @ Raiders (2-1)

NYRaider

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

I'm surprised CBS stations in Northern California are still televising Raiders games when they're able to.

You think with the move these stations would have changed their loyalty to the Chargers, now the only AFC team in California. Instead, they have only carried the Chargers when there is no conflict with the Raiders.

They pick the game that they think people want to watch. There might be some disgruntled Raiders fans in NorCal currently, but a Raiders game pretty much anywhere in California will outdraw a Chargers game; let alone in an area where the Raiders have called home for most of their life and the Chargers have never had support.

Some quick points: 

-The OL play was unacceptable last week in the run game. These guys need to nut up and bring it against Buffalo. We need to spring Jacobs.

-Balance on offense will be key. I want more passes on 2nd down. More passes to the RB. More designed touches for Waller.

-More 2 tight end sets are necessary. We can line up Waller out wide, but Moreau needs snaps. He's a threat and a matchup problem for whoever needs to cover him given that a team's best coverage defender may be on Waller.

-We need to start fast so we can stay balanced. If we get behind 14+, this game is over.

-The turnovers and missed field goals can't happen.

-Amik needs playing time. Period. He's a playmaker. If you don't give him a shot, I want this defensive staff gone.

-If we execute flawlessly, we can win this game. The defense needs to step up and the run fits can look better with Kwit. 

-If we pull some **** like last week... you can forget it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

They pick the game that they think people want to watch. There might be some disgruntled Raiders fans in NorCal currently, but a Raiders game pretty much anywhere in California will outdraw a Chargers game; let alone in an area where the Raiders have called home for most of their life and the Chargers have never had support.

We had a discussion on this subject already.  A poster whose identity I forgot ( maybe Bay Raider) said they (the NFL or networks) won't show a Raider game in SoCal because they want kids to grow up to be Ram or Charger fans and not Raider fans.  Bad influence.  I disagreed but after additional thought on the subject there may be some truth to that.  There could be several other reasons also.  When there's a time slot open on CBS they still don't show a Raider game in SoCal.  However,  I found a way around that so screw 'em.

Out of our next 3 games this is the one i hope we can pull an upset in. I honestly dont think we are beating the chiefs or buccaneers. If we can come out of this rough stretch at atleast .500(3-3) I can live with that. Also can Gruden please not be so predictable in his play calling. I think its going to be a close game, i hope. My guess 30 -28 Raiders with last minute field goal.

1 hour ago, SilverLining said:

Out of our next 3 games this is the one i hope we can pull an upset in. I honestly dont think we are beating the chiefs or buccaneers. If we can come out of this rough stretch at atleast .500(3-3) I can live with that. Also can Gruden please not be so predictable in his play calling. I think its going to be a close game, i hope. My guess 30 -28 Raiders with last minute field goal.

I actually think this game is our best shot as well over the next three weeks. Most people think it’s the Bucs but their defense is looking lights out right now, and good luck stopping Arians, Brady, Fournette, Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Howard from scoring at will. 

I think we lose this game but it’s our best chance to be 3-3 after six games. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 hours ago, S&B Bleeder said:

We had a discussion on this subject already.  A poster whose identity I forgot ( maybe Bay Raider) said they (the NFL or networks) won't show a Raider game in SoCal because they want kids to grow up to be Ram or Charger fans and not Raider fans.  Bad influence.  I disagreed but after additional thought on the subject there may be some truth to that.  There could be several other reasons also.  When there's a time slot open on CBS they still don't show a Raider game in SoCal.  However,  I found a way around that so screw 'em.

Send me a private message as to what that is.  I need to find a work around and do not want to spend a few hundred for it.

So with the Chiefs and Patriots game being postponed the only other game in that time slot is the Raiders v Bills.  I do not see any other way they would not show the Raider game unless they pick a NFC game.  They will probably play Chi v Indi so they will not have the Raiders on at the same time as the Rams.

Edited by drfrey13

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

good luck stopping Arians, Brady, Fournette, Evans, Godwin, Gronk, and Howard from scoring at will.

Scoring at will..........Man, you sure do love Tom Brady for a Raider fan!!!!!! 😁😁

They've been pretty average thus far considering the hype and I think we match up well with them. The last game was just one hurdle too many with all the injuries, short week, East coast and not to mention the Pats are being underrated by pretty much everyone. Ill write that off unless we see it again Sunday. Bucs I'm quite confident about.

29 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Scoring at will..........Man, you sure do love Tom Brady for a Raider fan!!!!!! 😁😁

They've been pretty average thus far considering the hype and I think we match up well with them. The last game was just one hurdle too many with all the injuries, short week, East coast and not to mention the Pats are being underrated by pretty much everyone. Ill write that off unless we see it again Sunday. Bucs I'm quite confident about.

If you think the Patriots are a better team then us you might be in for a down day tomorrow.  Any given Sunday but the Bills are a much better team than the Patriots.

30 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Quite average? They’ve been a Top 5 Offense the past two weeks combined. You gonna give them **** for Week 1 where Brady was on a new team first time in 20 years without Pre Season/Limited Off Season Snaps?

Evans and Godwin are both Top 10 WRs. Especially Godwin. 

If you think we are going to be anywhere close to the favorite in that game, you are sorely mistaken. Probably 4-5 point underdogs. 

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If you think the Patriots are a better team then us you might be in for a down day tomorrow.  Any given Sunday but the Bills are a much better team than the Patriots.

The Pats are better than us, they beat us handily! Don't think there's much between the Pats and the Bills, both good teams.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Quite average? They’ve been a Top 5 Offense the past two weeks combined. You gonna give them **** for Week 1 where Brady was on a new team first time in 20 years without Pre Season/Limited Off Season Snaps?

Evans and Godwin are both Top 10 WRs. Especially Godwin. 

If you think we are going to be anywhere close to the favorite in that game, you are sorely mistaken. Probably 4-5 point underdogs. 

Hehe, no I'm just not going to crown them after beating the Broncos practice squad and a very poor Panthers team. The one good team they played easily beat them.

This unstoppable offense scored the same amount of points against the Broncos as the Jets so forgive me if I hold off on my anointing just yet 😁

12 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Hehe, no I'm just not going to crown them after beating the Broncos practice squad and a very poor Panthers team. The one good team they played easily beat them.

This unstoppable offense scored the same amount of points against the Broncos as the Jets so forgive me if I hold off on my anointing just yet 😁

Yeah TNF where every offense gets inflated numbers on a consistent basis. 

38 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Just out of interest and because I hold your opinion in high regard but do you think we could go into Seattle like the Pats did and play the Seahawks down to the wire like the Pats did?