What Happened to Carson Wentz!?

RandyMossIsBoss

Why isnt Carson playing better with Greg Ward and JJ Arcega-Whiteside? Desean is a baller on the field for every snap. Dougie P called a great game. You pass the ball as much as possible against one of the worst Run Defenses this season. Carson has been put in great position to succeed and he's just fumbling the bag

I thought he looked decent against the Bengals that TD pass in the first half was a beauty , pass the ertz in ot was terrific, td run was also awesome. 

He's battling I think he's bottom five in terms of talent around him think ertz has declined and a 33 year old often injured d jax is his best wr. Hard to remain consistent when you don't have reliable targets to rely on. 

Maybe also pressing due to the Eagles taking qb Early rather than surround him with talent.

45 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

I thought he looked decent against the Bengals that TD pass in the first half was a beauty , pass the ertz in ot was terrific, td run was also awesome. 

He's battling I think he's bottom five in terms of talent around him think ertz has declined and a 33 year old often injured d jax is his best wr. Hard to remain consistent when you don't have reliable targets to rely on. 

Maybe also pressing due to the Eagles taking qb Early rather than surround him with talent.

Did you happen to watch the rest of that game? He just misses... ugly misses. He’s got talent on the field between the 2 TEs and Miles Sanders as well.

13 minutes ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

Did you happen to watch the rest of that game? He just misses... ugly misses. He’s got talent on the field between the 2 TEs and Miles Sanders as well.

Goedert was injured the whole game lol yes I did that was a bad miss to miles sanders but he doesn't have much around him has to basically extend every play to get a guy open.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:44 PM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Goff had an 18 game stretch between 2018 and 2019 w/ 17 TDs to 21 INTs... How were you explaining that? Use that same energy here. I know you don’t actually think Wentz was always some trash QB who fooled the whole world. 

Something is clearly up. The mental is broad and easy explanation in absence of injuries, but is that something that a QB can bounce back from? Has it happened to this degree? Can troll all you want, but this is pretty bizarre situation.

Oline was super bad.. 

Gurley was no longer Gurley.

Play action was a joke. 

insanely hard schedule(super bowl hangover). 

It was just the perfect storm for Goff. But he’s looking good outchea... I wish we were in the NFC east. Cup cake. 

I don't like quarterbacks who mentally default to line drives. It leads to such erraticism. Ryan Fitzpatrick has favored that style his entire career. Cam Newton became line drive happy once he got frustrated in Carolina. Last season it was blatantly obvious that both Baker Mayfield and Carson Wentz were no longer having it come easy for them, and the solution was one rocket after another.

It's a particularly unfriendly mode for Wentz because his mechanics and release are flawed. He indeed needs to fix things in that regard, as Aaron Rodgers did early in his career and Goff recently. 

Quarterbacks like Russell Wilson are basically slump proof because they see and own every arc in the rainbow, and not merely the driver off the deck trajectory. Last season the only NFL game I attended in person was the Monday nighter Miami and Pittsburgh. I sat very high and it was driving me nuts as a Miami fan that Fitzpatrick simply cannot see that option at all. He scrambled free and there was one play after another that broke open perfectly for a deep lob a la Wilson. But Fitzpatrick only looks at helmet level. If those throws are clicking then he's fine. When they are taken away or he's inaccurate then he's awful.

I often see helmet level tendency from Wentz. Those are the creases he looks for. 

Also, there's a huge difference in a quarterback who can occasionally make a touch pass, and one who can vary pace and loft every time depending on the specific needs of the evolving play. Far too often quarterbacks who do it once in a while -- like Josh Allen -- receive overboard praise for those throws, as if we're supposed to rave about outliers as opposed to the totality.

BTW, Josh Allen is dropping his release lower and lower to he point he can't throw the rainbow. It simply isn't available from that platform. Demonstrate for yourself. Practice an imaginary short touch pass from an overhead delivery. Now drop your hand to semi sidearm and check out how much more difficult a loop throw is, given the wrist position and all the variables that need to match up perfectly.