Cohen torn ACL

beardown3231

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Montgomery was a baaad man in the 4th quarter today

Yes he was. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I wonder if they bring in a replacement?

They have to. The question now becomes whether they can get a RB who can do ST, too. And, if not, what that does to the roster. 

10 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I say again though, Cohen was in rookie contract.  Robinson is playing on a FA deal.  He is obligated to play out his deal without attitude in my unwritten rules.  

At least it looks like the Bears won't have to worry about using the franchise tag on Trubisky...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Well this isn’t going to improve Robinson’s attitude. 

I say again though, Cohen was in rookie contract.  Robinson is playing on a FA deal.  He is obligated to play out his deal without attitude in my unwritten rules.  

Cohen just got paid a week ago.  Technically still on his rookie deal, but not really.  

I wonder who would be an option to sign. 

Guice is the most talented FA RB available but just got released for domestic violence, so that has less chance of happening than one of us getting signed by Pace. 

Lamar Miller was released by NE but for him not to even be in contention as a back up against White and Burkhead is concerning. 

Lynch is entertaining but I'm not sure he offers much more than Nall at this point. Both are battering rams and Lynch is post-30 and has 12 years of banging to wear him down. 

Crowell had the instagram ordeal so he isn't on the radar either I'd wager. Add in a torn Achilles last year and looks unlikely even without looking like a POS

Ware is a reserve who has injury concerns, but at least knows the terminology and basics of the Reid system.

Might be best just to let Pace and Nagy try to steal someone on a practice squad they liked in one of the last two drafts. Honestly I'd take a swing on Trey Edmunds from PIT. He can be a power back or FB, and with some of the poor play by Holtz that may be an improvement in at least one of the two positions.

Elijah Holyfield is a battering ram too, but that doesn't replace the skillset lost with Cohen. 

Thankfully for Tarik, ACL surgery has advanced to the point that he shouldnt lose any of his explosiveness in the comeback.  To have the injury happen the way it did is so sad.  Fair catch a punt, and unable to protect himself bc a guy got blocked into his legs.  I would expect this just means we probably see more Cordarrelle Patterson

Peirce had a lot of hype from the limited camp, I wouldn't be surprised to just see him promoted off the ps. 

I don't like the idea of Nall getting more reps, he hasn't shown me enough. 

Whyte could theoretically be brought back, and was a returner as well as a RB. But I'd see that as unlikely. 

I think peirce gets promoted and they bring back one of the camp bodies for the ps. 

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I wonder who would be an option to sign. 

Guice is the most talented FA RB available but just got released for domestic violence, so that has less chance of happening than one of us getting signed by Pace. 

Lamar Miller was released by NE but for him not to even be in contention as a back up against White and Burkhead is concerning. 

Lynch is entertaining but I'm not sure he offers much more than Nall at this point. Both are battering rams and Lynch is post-30 and has 12 years of banging to wear him down. 

Crowell had the instagram ordeal so he isn't on the radar either I'd wager. Add in a torn Achilles last year and looks unlikely even without looking like a POS

Ware is a reserve who has injury concerns, but at least knows the terminology and basics of the Reid system.

Might be best just to let Pace and Nagy try to steal someone on a practice squad they liked in one of the last two drafts. Honestly I'd take a swing on Trey Edmunds from PIT. He can be a power back or FB, and with some of the poor play by Holtz that may be an improvement in at least one of the two positions.

Elijah Holyfield is a battering ram too, but that doesn't replace the skillset lost with Cohen. 

really dont think a trade here is out of the question ....this roster is in full win-now mode  !

cohen was more than a RB2 we will need to bring in a very good replacement 

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Maybe we make Tru a reserve RB, put him in his true element - as a runner. Offers a little more accuracy on trick plays like a HB pass than what most RBs have. 

would love to see him in the exact same role as Taysom Hill .... would certainly help Foles  stay healthy