Leslie Indeed Released; Bryce Treggs Signed

Mind Character

https://twitter.com/BryceTreggs/status/915285776270860288

As reported by various Browns sports sites, Bryce Treggs WR California has apparently been signed from thbre Eagles' practice squad. He will now be on the Browns roster a minimum of 3 weeks per rules.

Treggs pre-draft " Bryce Treggs marked a 40 yard dash time of 4.39, but his time was recorded as faster at 4.31 seconds. Treggs also recorded a 10’ 2" broad jump, 34" vertical, 6.93 cone drill, and a 11.13 in the 60 yard shuttle. Treggs also put up 16 reps of 225 pounds in the bench press."

Our scouts and offensive coaches are likely familiar with Treggs given how heavily we scouted and watched Jared Goff.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Question is who gets released?

At first I thought Reggie Porter (the newly signed DB)...then I remembered that Leslie was hurt during the game and now I'm thinking Jordan Leslie is the to be announced roster cut.

According to Hue's post game presser, I believe Leslie had a hamstring injury. Hamstring/soft tissue injuries are unlikely to heal after a week so maybe we release Jordan and either put on the PS or bring him back when he gets healthy.

Based on his big time catch in Indy, he may find opportunities elsewhere if released....

TBH, I'd release Higgins & Leslie (if he's injured) and promote Ranell Hall to the 53.

I went back and watch the (you know) film of Higgins' big game. He didn't win early or run great routes or show the ability to get open. On each of his catches except for 2, he was schemed open by running an underneath route disguised by an over route action with Ricardo or Britt serving as decoy routes or taking double over coverages.

I don't think he'll be able to get open as a boundary WR2 on his own in this league, he's obviously not a boundary WR, and he doesn't have the quickness or burst to be an effective slot.

He's a career WR4/WR5.

His only advantage at this point is  that he knows the playbook substantively better than Kasen Williams and Sammie Coates who both offer an explosive dynamic (deep speed in Coates' case; Jump ball boundary route high pointing in Kasen's case) that he doesn't posses.

I'd like to see Kasen and Coates as our WR1/WR2, Treggs as our slot/vertical threat, Ricardo Louis as WR3 and Ranell Hall WR4...leaving Higgins and Britt as WR4/WR5

Just to show how crazy this season is...Deshone Kizer has no major time on task or chemistry with half of the WR room. Not a recipe for success.

I doubt he'll get released again but it makes football sense especially if Coates is recovered from his hammy.

@ditchdigger  You mean improve the quality of my posts via better, concise, & more practical titles?

If I did that I'd run the risk of not posting nonqualiity word garbage....and you know me better than that at this point...I can't stop myself from posting trash; it's an addiction.

I see you @freakygeniuskid, @LETSGOBROWNIES and @brownie man lowkey liking that post LOL,,, Eat a bag all of you's

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

@ditchdigger  You mean improve the quality of my posts via better, concise, & more practical titles?

If I did that I'd run the risk of not posting nonqualiity word garbage....and you know me better than that at this point...I can't stop myself from posting trash; it's an addiction.

I see you @freakygeniuskid, @LETSGOBROWNIES and @brownie man lowkey liking that post LOL,,, Eat a bag all of you's

I was just trying to chip in and pay your share in electronic footballs and this is the thanks I get...

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Everybody wants more electronic footballs.... But no one wants to give them. :( 

Truth. What forum is LGB hanging out in where they hand out footballs like candy is what I want to know.

Archived