5 up, 5 down

LETSGOBROWNIES

Up

1. We don’t suck for the moment. First 2-1 start since ‘02, first time over .500 since 2014 (in case you guys missed that stat the couple dozen times they mentioned it today).  This team desperately needed a couple wins to get some pressure off of them and this was a game they should have won and did.  Good stuff.

2. Stefanski protecting Baker.  I love that he’s riding those backs and putting Baker in a position to succeed.  Outside of Freddie for the last half of ‘18 the times we’ve actually seen a coach so this have been minimal.

3. Baker:  Completed his passes, no turnovers, a couple TD’s. He played winning football.

4. The backs.  Enough said.

5. Karl Joseph. Had a big hit and a pick with a big return.  Did not suck, which is unusual for our safeties.

*bonus for a win*

6. Special teams.  No blunders, no issues, just did what they’re supposed to.  I’ll take it.

Down

1. The defense. I know they had a couple picks and such, but that was more a byproduct of Haskins being bad than our defense being good.  They’re atrocious.

2. Wills: The kid had a rough game today, but that’s gonna happen.  

3. Sendejo.  Why is he playing?  Legit asking.

That’s enough of the bad, nothing else comes to mind off the top of my head.

Sendejo has been miserable. So that begs the question: did they throw away a draft pick on Ronnie Harrison?  Redwine?  If they can't beat out Sendejo, they must be straight up excrement. 

On a side note, does anyone know why DPJ continues to be inactive? 

3 minutes ago, Trots said:

Sendejo has been miserable. So that begs the question: did they throw away a draft pick on Ronnie Harrison?  Redwine?  If they can't beat out Sendejo, they must be straight up excrement. 

I’m guessing they want someone who’s experienced on the back end, but he’s awful.

3 minutes ago, Trots said:

On a side note, does anyone know why DPJ continues to be inactive? 

They’re really only playing 3 WR most of the time.  I’m guessing they’re just bringing him along slowly.  Hollywood is far more concerning imo.

Up:

1. Coaching/play calling - they looked competent!

2. Run blocking - Teller and Janovich in particular are just so angry and punish defenses

3. Chubb/Hunt - Best tandem in the league. 

4. Turnover ratio - They did a good job of taking the ball away. Usually leads to wins

5. Mitchell - Dude is the epitome of an underdog. Battles against very good receivers every week. 

Down:

1. Secondary overall is still not up to par. They will struggle with good teams/QBs

2. Tackles looked average today

3. I dont wanna put Baker here. I think he’s improving but he’s got a long way to go reading defenses. He’s growing.

If we can keep stacking wins, I think you will see the excitement within the locker room continue to grow. We all know how Odell Beckham works, he is a disengaged player when they are losing, you can see that a little excitement has come back as he has stayed somewhat involved and we are winning games.

Karl Joseph did look pretty good, I really wish we could see what Delpit could add to our defense in addition to him and Harrison.

Lots of things to be excited about. I added some more thoughts in the other duplicate thread. Already ready for next week.