When can we call Sam Darnold a bust?

Slingin' Sammy

On one hand I would like to say that once he’s away from the Jets he will succeed, but he may be completely broken. How many times have we seen young QB’s develop bad habits due to garbage around them and just not be able to break through it? I fear the Jets have destroyed him.

So I will say once he’s away from the Jets and fails is when we can call HIM a bust. 

Whenever you want. When it comes to young guys who have never been in a remotely good situation, I continue to lean heavily on what I saw predraft, and I was high on Darnold predraft so I still have hope for him. I just question if these 1st few years under awful coaching, with no help, "ruined" him, or if he's ready to go and will look good as new when/if he gets a functional team around him.

I think he can be an average starter in this league with the right coaching and supporting cast, but I do not think he is a franchise QB at all. Supporting cast aside, his mechanics and pocket prescence are abysmal.

If the Jets land the #1 I would 100% pull a Cardinals and trade him.

Edited by RUGmen

It's so disappointing to see what's happened to Darnold.  He looked to have so much promise coming out of college in my opinion.  I believe the Jets have done absolutely nothing to help him progress and have broken him.  To what extent, who knows.  Can he be fixed, only time will tell and he either needs a new team or a capable head coach that can help develope him from the ground up.

Peace!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

It's so disappointing to see what's happened to Darnold.  He looked to have so much promise coming out of college in my opinion.  I believe the Jets have done absolutely nothing to help him progress and have broken him.  To what extent, who knows.  Can he be fixed, only time will tell and he either needs a new team or a capable head coach that can help develope him from the ground up.

Peace!!!

He cant be fixed, he's not good in structure he's at his best when he can freelance but that comes with 3 interception games. He's a natural gunslinger gotta live and die with it. He is what he is at this point.