When can we call Sam Darnold a bust?

I'm curious,  what do people expect to see from a qb on a team as bad as the jets? 

His #1 wr is Braxton Berrios and #2 wr is Lawrence cage a udfa. 

His rb is 37 years old.

Becton went down injured. So his OL was missing most of its starters and back to trash.

What was Darnold supposed to do? Not to mention he has the worst hc in football. 

No bad qb makes the td throw that he made. Issue is the jets failed him on every level   the jets are a pathetic organization that has some of the worst talent and coaching I've seen.

Any qb on the jets would look bad, that is a fact.

This jets roster is a 0-16 talent level,  might be one of the worst teams we ever seen.

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 3
10 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Likely true but Sam isn't doing him any favors right now nor is this roster.

It is certainly a no win situation for all involved. 

I am curious to see what route Douglas goes in the off-season and if the next HC has a say in keeping Darnold or going after Lawrence. 

Just now, Trentwannabe said:

I am curious to see what route Douglas goes in the off-season and if the next HC has a say in keeping Darnold or going after Lawrence. 

if the jets get the 1st pick,  unless they trade for kings ransom.  I think economically it makes sense, trade Darnold and draft a qb who will be cheaper. This is a very bad team that needs time to rebuild.  Luckily we do have a lot of draft picks.

26 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

Crazy scenario Jets get #1 pick draft Trevor trade Sam Darnold to Colts and he resurrects he career behind that Colts OL and Frank Reich.

Nice symmetry as well given that the colts originally owned the pick used to select him. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

If we're in position to get Lawrence then you take him simply because he's dynamic, 5 years of team control and he's better than Darnold. Move Darnold for a 2nd, possible late 1st depending on the team and build.

6 minutes ago, Vladimir L said:

Remember Ryan Tannenhill with Gase?

This is such an absurd narrative

8-5

67% completions

19-12 TD-INT

7.7 YPA

93.5 Passer Rating

2018(1st year back from injury)

5-6

64% completions

17-9 TD-INT

7.2 YPA

92.7 Passer Rating

Dude was far from this terrible Quarterback with Gase even tho his numbers are up in Tennessee. If Darnold put up those numbers right now fans would be singing Gase's praises

• Like 1