Selling my FANDOM

Heymangold

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Normally I’d agree with you. But not the Jets. 

The Rams from 2007-2016 is one of the worst stretches in modern NFL history. I was in your shoes man. It SUCKS. But it makes the comeback so much sweeter. Wait it out, trust me. Jets get the 1st pick in the draft they're either getting the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck or they're making the biggest draft trade in history. 

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

The Rams from 2007-2016 is one of the worst stretches in modern NFL history. I was in your shoes man. It SUCKS. But it makes the comeback so much sweeter. Wait it out, trust me. Jets get the 1st pick in the draft they're either getting the best QB prospect since Andrew Luck or they're making the biggest draft trade in history. 

Well sure, (not the Jet fan), but before that you were the Greatest Show on Turf.  The Lions had Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, the Browns have....whatever the Browns have.  The Jets had a couple of impressive years with Thomas Jones and that defense, but those were isolated.  Something about he Jets feels so much worse than everyone else.

Just now, EvilenFroggen said:

Well sure, (not the Jet fan), but before that you were the Greatest Show on Turf.  The Lions had Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, the Browns have....whatever the Browns have.  The Jets had a couple of impressive years with Thomas Jones and that defense, but those were isolated.  Something about he Jets feels so much worse than everyone else.

You've been in the same division as the greatest team run in sports history. It spanned 2001 through 2019. Your circumstances were different then anyone else in history.

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

You've been in the same division as the greatest team run in sports history. It spanned 2001 through 2019. Your circumstances were different then anyone else in history.

Once again, not the Jet fan, but the Bills and the Dolphins look like they have some hope.  The Jets look like they feature Braxton Berrios in a game that matters.  They're a special kinds of depressing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Once again, not the Jet fan, but the Bills and the Dolphins look like they have some hope.  The Jets look like they feature Braxton Berrios in a game that matters.  They're a special kinds of depressing.

It was Berrios, Frank Gore, Malone(not Karl or Moses) or Hogan(not Hulk)

28 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

Patriots: because wherever you go we will find you and eradicate all your hope.