Selling my FANDOM

Heymangold

9 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

ap_c02g1jets05-_515831.jpg?resize=1022,1

9 hours ago, Heymangold said:

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

Never turn your back on your team just because they're losing. That's weak. Stick with your team no matter how grim it may look right now.

Look at the bright side, Brady is gone from your division and Belichick isn't getting any younger. Soon both of them will be gone. 

So now that this anomaly is separated....anything could happen. 

10 hours ago, 43M said:

No offense, but I have no idea how a lifelong fan of a team can just up and switch his fandom like this.

I know it sucks being a Jets fan right now....so what?    There are millions of fans who deal with this.   Thats part of being a fan.   Ive been blessed, as a football fan, to support a successful franchise, but my baseball team in the Pirates....a team that has been largely terrible for most of my life.  I still support them.   I dont watch them much admittedly, but thats more because its 162 games and our owners rarely even attempt to field decent teams....but I'll never jump to a different team.

Bottom line:   if you switch teams, you arent really a fan of any team, and never TRULY will be.   

Fairweather and bandwagon fans are annoying....dont be that guy, man.   Maybe just stay a Jets fans and try to enjoy watching other games.   At most, find a secondary team you like NATURALLY (dont ASK who to support or just choose the best team), and maybe just get SOME enjoyment out of that.   Thats what I did with baseball and basketball (never actually had a favorite NBA team).

Sucks right now?  Haha I’m 34 years old and save 2 seasons, they’ve been a joke.  Like I said in my OP, I’m a big enough fan to be an idiot and buy the scam of a PSL and season tickets for a train wreck of a team that I couldn’t even GIVE tickets away.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heymangold said:

Sucks right now?  Haha I’m 34 years old and save 2 seasons, they’ve been a joke.  Like I said in my OP, I’m a big enough fan to be an idiot and buy the scam of a PSL and season tickets for a train wreck of a team that I couldn’t even GIVE tickets away.  

Been there my man. 5 years ago I would have told you that you aren't a real fan etc etc like some people here have said 

As I've gotten older I realize how poorly run some of these teams are and that they don't deserve the good fans like you to support them. If they were regular businesses, they would have failed miserably and gone out of business. 

So I don't blame any jets fan that looks at the organization, starting with the owner, and says "you know what? Life is too short to support such a garbage organization" 

Like seriously, the Jets might be 5 years away from 8-8 at this point 

I would say come to the Chargers, it would give us like 4 or 5 fans total, but its just too cruel to do to another human.

Chargers are rarely plain terrible. Rather they are usually extremely competitive playing both up and down to their opponents. Tons of talent on the team... for a few games at least before they get hurt and join IR. Best uniforms in the game but probably the worst ownership. We tend to come up with new and interesting ways to lose games each year, usually having to do with a 4th quarter meltdown of grandiose proportions or forgetting to show up for the first half of a game then making a huge comeback that falls just short in the end. Oh, don't forget about how amazing our medical staff is!

If getting your hopes up every weekend only to be hugely disappointed in the end is your thing then come watch some Chargers games.... or maybe if you just like drinking your sorrows away.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Heymangold said:

the dolphins.

you can get revenge on your former team usually, you're already used to the ineptitude and lack of winning, and you can visit Miami beach whenever you come to a game.

Chargers are definitely the most exciting team in the league.

We are fighting for every game, and each new week you'll have the feeling of getting very close to winning it and turning it all around.... honestly, it's the best feeling for a fan.

Of course you'll have to deal with the back breakers, but let's focus on the good things.

22 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Damn man, and with Leicester today. :(  I’ll say this. Aguero and Bernardo will come back, Dias will be just what we need, and Foden will save us all. So enjoy City’s success and come be a Panther fan with me. 

We need Center Backs! Plain and simple. And a better physio staff because we always seem to be injured.