Selling my FANDOM

Heymangold

22 hours ago, Heymangold said:

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.

If you want to stick with Green theme, but choose an "opposite" franchise - then the Packers might fit

J-E-T-S are a relatively "new" team, the Packers are as old as dirt
J-E-T-S are from the largest metropolis in the NFL, the Packers are from the smallest
J-E-T-S have won only a single NFL Championship, the Packers have the most at 13
NFC Team instead of AFC rival
No PSL's
A HOF QB instead of a not- HOF QB and 3-0 is more fun than 0-3
A talented HC and playcaller vs Space Gase, who is neither
A winning record vs the Pats and beat them handily in the Super Bowl
Favre gave the sack title to Gastineau, so the J-E-T-S owe us a favor in return

In your time on this planet, the Packers have won exactly 100 more regular season games than the J-E-T-S. That's a lot of celebrating
They've also won 2 Super Bowls during your 34 trips around the Sun
The Ultimate Achievement in the NFL is to win... the LOMBARDI Trophy ... another nod to the Mighty Green Bay Packers

Plus, it would irritate most everybody on this board, the last thing this place needs is another Packer fan
You could really improve your lot in life with a simple shift in loyalties and I suspect you're halfway there given your name:

HeymanGold can easily become HeymanGreen&Gold

100px-Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg.png100px-Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg.png100px-Green_Bay_Packers_logo.svg.png

• Like 1

On 9/28/2020 at 8:07 PM, JoshstraDaymus said:

Been considering for so long selling out and moving from Washington to Baltimore.

After the Chiefs loss, it’s the perfect time. You’d be joining the “bandwagon” at a time when the team is at its arguably lowest point. We’d welcome you with open arms. Heck, you could even go back to being a fan once Snyder is forced to sell and the team changes its name as they’re an NFC team anyway.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:40 PM, Heymangold said:

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

Who is currently your 2nd favorite team?

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 7:44 PM, EvilenFroggen said:

Normally I’d agree with you. But not the Jets. 

Man...the Jets have still had it better than plenty several organizations the past 20ish years.

Most teams go through ruts, some longer than others unfortunately.

10 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Man...the Jets have still had it better than plenty several organizations the past 20ish years.

Most teams go through ruts, some longer than others unfortunately.

I agree, logically, and it's entirely possible I'm buying into a media narrative, but emotionally, the Jets just feel different.  The ineptitude, the wasting of talent, and the memory of the Thomas Jones/great defense days where it could've and maybe should've all worked but then it didn't.

On 9/27/2020 at 8:40 PM, Heymangold said:

Well, I’ve been thinking about it for years.  I used to be a Jets season ticket holder.  I was dumb enough to believe in the team and even buy a PSL.  2009 and 2010 was the last time I felt joy watching the Jets.  Back to back AFC championship games, so close to a trip to the Super Bowl that I have yet to see my team make it to.

but since then, it’s been horrendous.  Bad coaches, bad drafting, bad plays.  I can’t do it anymore. 

please, make your best arguments as to why I should become a fan of YOUR team.  Best argument wins me as a new, diehard fan.  

As a Falcons fan, please don't join us. If you're not true ride or die, you won't last.