Gibson had nice runs

Sweat looked good

Our CB are solid

The bad

Our defense was getting tired on the the run

Didnt get as much pressure as I would like to see

Chase was injured doesnt seem serious though

The ugly

Everything that has to do with Haskins he scrambles out of clean pockets...gives the ball away and cant hit the side of a barn...a pro nfl qb should be able to throw check downs and screens. Fans make excuse about how he doesnt have weapons but those int were bad throws! If we cant land Lawrence and the Jets do I am all aboard on trading a 3rd for Darnold!

Edited by Vladimir L

Good: 

Defensive line held up well despite being down Young early, and Ioannidis before the half.  They got two sacks, and Mayfield couldn't get too comfortable.  As a whole, the Browns rushed for 4.3 YPC, but we stuffed Hunt and the expense of Chubb running all over us.  

Solid game from Antonio Gibson.  I wish we would give him more carries.  He deserves 15-20 a game.  

Terry McLaurin is always solid.  Not much else to say.  

Our secondary kept the big plays out of the equation, which is hard to do given the Browns offensive weapons, and both Darby and Apke starting for us. Their longest pass play was 18 yards.  

Bad: 

Offensive line let up three sacks, and Myles Garrett just abused Geron Christian.  

Ron Rivera gave up again.  I'm sorry, but we were down 14 points, not 28.  A touchdown and an onside kick, and we are in business.  Even if we were down more, we had no preseason.  Give Haskins a chance to run a two minute drill.  

Ugly: 

Dwayne Haskins.  Sorry guys, but he did not impress today.  At all.  Locked onto receivers, which caused all three of his picks from what I noticed.  He also fumbled twice, and we lost possession once. Cleveland scored 21 points off turnovers, and four came directly from the QB.  That can not continue.  

Turnovers are insane.  We fumbled four times, and lost it twice.  Haskins threw three interceptions.  Like I said above, 21 points came as a result of turnovers.  Look at the team stats page- it is nearly identical.  Don't believe me?  Click HERE.  The only thing not identical?  Turnovers.  Washington had five, Cleveland had none.  Thats why they won the game.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

The ugly

Everything that has to do with Haskins he scrambles out of clean pockets...gives the ball away and cant hit the side of a barn...a pro nfl qb should be able to throw check downs and screens. Fans make excuse about how he doesnt have weapons but those int were bad throws! If we cant land Lawrence and the Jets do I am all aboard on trading a 3rd for Darnold!

Did... did you see Darnold yesterday? 

• Like 2

The bad starts with our QB. I didn't like the pick 2 years ago and sad to say I was right. Watched some of his school games and he used to always look down on the receiver he was going to pass the ball to. He is still doing the same thing now. We can't lose enough to get the overall #1 pick. Heck the Jets will probably go 0-16 this year for Treavor. We need to take the best LT in the first round and use our next three picks on a tackle or guard, TE and WR. Try to sign some FAs for the offensive line. Sadly keep Haskins due to his contract, then 2022 draft hopefully be able to draft a real QB.

14 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Dwayne Haskins.  Sorry guys, but he did not impress today.  At all.  Locked onto receivers, which caused all three of his picks from what I noticed.  He also fumbled twice, and we lost possession once. Cleveland scored 21 points off turnovers, and four came directly from the QB.  That can not continue.  

Turnovers are insane.  We fumbled four times, and lost it twice.  Haskins threw three interceptions.  Like I said above, 21 points came as a result of turnovers.  Look at the team stats page- it is nearly identical.  Don't believe me?  Click HERE.  The only thing not identical?  Turnovers.  Washington had five, Cleveland had none.  Thats why they won the game.  

Cannot argue with you about this game. The Haskins turnovers absolutely killed us, there’s no other way to analyze the game. Some of those throws were just awful.

The more interesting thing to me is how we fit this game into the overall picture of Haskins and where he is in his progression/development. Because, to put it as simply as possible, it doesn’t fit. 

He had the issues early on with turnovers, in the games where he came on as a backup. But after that? Avoiding turnovers has probably been his best trait. In his first 9 starts, he threw 3 INTs and lost 3 fumbles. That’s a remarkably low turnover rate, and it wasn’t a fluke: he had one of the lowest turnover-worthy play rates last season per PFF. There are only 10 other QBs since the merger who have thrown 3 or fewer INTs in their first 9 starts, and only 8 of those guys had 3 or fewer fumbles lost. 

So what do we make of this game? The previously extremely turnover-avoidant QB strings together a game’s worth of terribly reckless throws and careless ball security — what does it mean? That’s not a rhetorical question, I don’t know the answer. 

Was it just a fluke? Is the lack of protection or weapons starting to cause him to regress? Staring down receivers and predetermining throws could be consistent with a QB who doesn’t trust that he’s going to have much time and doesn’t trust his guys to get open. Is it somehow...a sign of progress? The only way I could really rationalize this conclusion is if he’s starting to get more comfortable with the offense and the progressions and trusting his reads more decisively/aggressively than he had in the first two games. Obviously it didn’t work out, but could it be growing pains on the way to a more advanced handle on the offense?

• Like 1

I used Haskins in Madden 21...

He was so bad & inaccurate in the 1st game I played, I had to put Kyle Allen in, after half time. (And I run the ball a lot)

I suspect this will probably happen sooner rather than later, in real life.

I believe Haskins has till the bye week, to show significant improvement, or luck into a few wins...

Or he's done here...

Plus+

AGG looked faster than I thought he was on that run. I had no idea who was running that... and was surprised to see his name.
Isaiah Wright another guy with size we need to see more of.

Minuses

Steven Sims - he really needed to step up this year and hasn't. He hasn't looked good on Punt Returns either, except maybe one.

Special Teams Coverage - There was one kickoff where the Browns returner returned it to the like the 35 yard line untouched. The announcers didn't make another mention of this but I haven't seen anything like this in football in a while.

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

Positives: Gibson and Sweat continues to grow and this Wright guy is showing some possibilities. 

The Bad 

I would be listening to Thomas Davis personally.  First and second All-SEC player, Consensus All American, x3 Pro Bowler, second team All Pro and first team All Pro.  If he is telling a QB that he's locked onto guys, he is locking onto guys. 

• Like 2