Sign in to follow this  
Vladimir L

The good the bad and the ugly from todays game

11 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I would be listening to Thomas Davis personally.  First and second All-SEC player, Consensus All American, x3 Pro Bowler, second team All Pro and first team All Pro.  If he is telling a QB that he's locked onto guys, he is locking onto guys. 

I would be listening even if it WASN'T Thomas Davis. Hell if Ryan Anderson even called him out about it, listen. But ESPECIALLY because it's Thomas Davis, he should pay attention. ...does that make sense?

• Like 1

I can't pick up what Haskins said - little help please ! Davis at the end says .. well then --I'm wrong brother . Condescending .

6 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I can't pick up what Haskins said - little help please ! Davis at the end says .. well then --I'm wrong brother . Condescending .

It really doesn’t matter what Haskins said, he needs to listen to Thomas Davis bc Davis trying to help him as his teammate so that Haskins doesn’t make that mistake is games which by the way he just did twice vs the Browns and it was the biggest reason we lost the game.

I think Haskins is trying to say he didn’t lock onto the receiver which is ridiculous for him to say, a 17 year vet at LB is telling you that you are and if you watch the tape you’ll see it, at that point Haskins needs to shut up listen to the vet and learn.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:56 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Good: 

Defensive line held up well despite being down Young early, and Ioannidis before the half.  They got two sacks, and Mayfield couldn't get too comfortable.  As a whole, the Browns rushed for 4.3 YPC, but we stuffed Hunt and the expense of Chubb running all over us.  

Solid game from Antonio Gibson.  I wish we would give him more carries.  He deserves 15-20 a game.  

Terry McLaurin is always solid.  Not much else to say.  

Our secondary kept the big plays out of the equation, which is hard to do given the Browns offensive weapons, and both Darby and Apke starting for us. Their longest pass play was 18 yards.  

Bad: 

Offensive line let up three sacks, and Myles Garrett just abused Geron Christian.  

Ron Rivera gave up again.  I'm sorry, but we were down 14 points, not 28.  A touchdown and an onside kick, and we are in business.  Even if we were down more, we had no preseason.  Give Haskins a chance to run a two minute drill.  

Ugly: 

Dwayne Haskins.  Sorry guys, but he did not impress today.  At all.  Locked onto receivers, which caused all three of his picks from what I noticed.  He also fumbled twice, and we lost possession once. Cleveland scored 21 points off turnovers, and four came directly from the QB.  That can not continue.  

Turnovers are insane.  We fumbled four times, and lost it twice.  Haskins threw three interceptions.  Like I said above, 21 points came as a result of turnovers.  Look at the team stats page- it is nearly identical.  Don't believe me?  Click HERE.  The only thing not identical?  Turnovers.  Washington had five, Cleveland had none.  Thats why they won the game.  

Spot on, Haskins has to be better, if he takes care of the ball we win that game. I expect him to learn and do better as the season goes on but thy remains to be seen. I hope he improves.

1 minute ago, taylor made said:

Funny they forgot to mention the rushing yards and TDs. Good QBs find ways to win

We’re talking about their first 10 starts here. Allen wasn’t winning much as a rookie and winning/losing is a team stat not a stat solely on the QB play.

5 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

We’re talking about their first 10 starts here. Allen wasn’t winning much as a rookie and winning/losing is a team stat not a stat solely on the QB play.

I wasn't talking literally winning games.. but winning on the field if that makes sense.

3 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I wasn't talking literally winning games.. but winning on the field if that makes sense.

Yeah, I get what you’re saying. Allen plays with no fear and always has really, even when he wasn’t accurate at all as a rookie. Haskins at times looks like he’s overthinking this which holds him back instead of just going out there and letting it rip and playing with no fear.