SNF: Green Bay Packers @ New Orleans Saints

wackywabbit

7 hours ago, Forge said:

49ers 3-1 without kittle. I don't think one missing weapon is a valid excuse

Yea, I mean Thomas isn’t the reason Waller beat us like a drum and we gave up 37 points at home.

Brees actually looked better last night than he did week 1 with Thomas.  He still has a noodle arm, but he was much more accurate and made several Brees throws he didn’t make weeks 1 and 2.

8 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Not sure how you let raiders beat you with rollout and tightend play and turn around and let the next team beat you the same way. Dennis Allen got to do better. 

It just kept working; I couldn't believe it.

I don't see Saints games as much, as I no longer live in their market, but I can see why their run defense is so good. It comes at the cost of biting on every play action.

Edited by Coffee & Contemplation

1 hour ago, Coffee & Contemplation said:

It just kept working; I couldn't believe it.

I don't see Saints games as much, as I no longer live in their market, but I can see why their run defense is so good. It comes at the cost of biting on every play action.

LOL. I kept seeing the LBs go from the C gap on the right to B gap on the left on EVERY playaction. No one was even around the TE off the line of scrimmage.

9 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Lazard has a real chance to be the best UDFA in quite a while, might be forgetting someone though. Still he’s already very solid and has it all to be a high end 2 to Adams for the foreseeable future. Don’t think anyone seen that coming. 

Not sure if your talking In general or about the Packers specifically but if it’s in general I think that belongs to Adam Thielen. 

1 hour ago, mattyice0401 said:

Not sure if your talking In general or about the Packers specifically but if it’s in general I think that belongs to Adam Thielen. 

Good example of a guy that's been so good, so long, that everyone forgets he wasn't drafted.

I still maintain he benefited a lot from Diggs, and that Diggs was the superior receiver, but Thielen is no joke either way. Great receiver.

It seems strange to think Thomas doesn't give us a better chance at winning/Brees looking a little better. As Saints fans have said for some time Brees doesn't have the arm he used to, but a guy like Thomas that absolutely dominates the short/intermediate game can still help make him a pretty effective QB. 

Am I saying that is the sole reason we lost...No...Our secondary also killed us yet again. It really is hard to watch our secondary lately. So many blatant PI's, it feels like just about every time an opposing QB throws deep its either a long completion or a PI. Hope that gets cleaned up or it could be a long season. Despite that, we certainly we were in this game until around midway through the 4th quarter, so I can't say Thomas doesn't make a difference if he played tonight. I know Adams didn't play for Green Bay, but I feel Thomas is far more valuable to Brees at this point than Adams is to Rodgers. Nothing against Adams who is a great WR. 

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

He was the first one I thought of but I figured it’s been long enough since he came out to constitute saying a while. Hoping he continues this trajectory and that debate gains more traction.

5 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

Yea, I mean Thomas isn’t the reason Waller beat us like a drum and we gave up 37 points at home.

Brees actually looked better last night than he did week 1 with Thomas.  He still has a noodle arm, but he was much more accurate and made several Brees throws he didn’t make weeks 1 and 2.

It's weird. Like, I'm not saying Brees isn't on the list of problems for the Saints, and I'm not saying his arm is as good as ever. I just don't see how you give up 37 this week, after letting  Derek Carr hang 34 the week before, and this latest loss potentially hinged on an offensive turnover that Brees wasn't even on the field for.

13 hours ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Lazard has a real chance to be the best UDFA in quite a while, might be forgetting someone though. Still he’s already very solid and has it all to be a high end 2 to Adams for the foreseeable future. Don’t think anyone seen that coming. 

I like Lazard but it appears there is a reason why he wasn't drafted.  He isn't fast for a WR.

19 hours ago, Asciimo said:

If Green Bay can’t beat this saints team without MT then they are pretenders. They beat up a sorry Vikings team and the loins 

So we're just going to forget that the Packers were without Davante Adams and Kenny Clark yesterday but we'll remember that MT is out? Noted. lol.