• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

1 hour ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

It always puzzled me when people were saying Miami was the harder matchup for LA over Boston.

Boston is even less equipped to guard AD and LeBron would take the soul of anyone they put on him.

On 9/28/2020 at 2:53 PM, BStanRamFan said:

I expect the Heat to try to keep the same small ball rotation that leaves Leonard and Olynyk off the floor, but that's where it will get ugly. AD and Howard will out rebound Bam/Crowder with no issue and get alot of second chance points. Possibly putting one of the two Heat players in foul trouble early then we'll see Olynyk and Leonard out of desperation vs. controlling the line ups. 

Playing zone in the NBA sounds great on paper until you realize that Danny Green and KCP will shred teams with open looks instead of man to man contested shots or coming off screens. Stick Howard at the high post and have him break any 2-3 with KCP/Green floating in the corners. When they are getting open looks from 3, LA is at there best.

I think we want to psych ourselves into this being a series with talks of Pistons/Lakers and top heavy vs solid team, but in reality superstars win championships 9 times out of 10 and the only two superstars on the floor are LeBron and AD. One of which is heading to his 10th Finals, safe to say he's comfortable in this moment. Can Jimmy, Bam, Goran, and Crowder say the same? Danny Green has been here multiple times. Dwight has been to one before and has something to prove.  I really can't see this going past 5 games.

Where I was right...

• Bam had two fouls early
  • Dwight and AD and pretty much everyone shredded them on the boards. It got ugly
  • Heat stayed small and played a zone. KCP and Green went 5-14 from 3 combined. Entire team shot 39% from 3pt. LA got open looks from 3 and looked their best all post season.

Where I was wrong...

• We didn't see Leonard at all. Olynyk played late, but only once it was out of hand. I expect Olynyk to get more minutes early in Game 2.

Dragic's injury is very sad. Essentially non contact. You never want to see a key player go down in the FInals. I was genuinely mad when we almost saw Jimmy Butler go down. Bam's injury is more a testament to how out matched he is physically vs this Lakers team. They're going to bang on him like no other team in the East could. Maybe since Turner in round 1.

Herro goes off one game. Lakers in 5.

Edited by BStanRamFan

18 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Lakers fans would root for Ingram/Ball/Hart lol.

Yeah, it's easier to root for guys you ship off than it is for the guy who demanded a trade and handled it very poorly overall.

Buuuuut like I said, don't hate the guy or anything, just not gonna root for him. Maybe if they were playing the Clippers in the WCF I would have, cause that team is unlikable as hell. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Yeah, it's easier to root for guys you ship off than it is for the guy who demanded a trade and handled it very poorly overall.

Buuuuut like I said, don't hate the guy or anything, just not gonna root for him. Maybe if they were playing the Clippers in the WCF I would have, cause that team is unlikable as hell. 

Just wait until we see the Nets in the East match how unlikeable the Clippers are.

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Just wait until we see the Nets in the East match how unlikeable the Clippers are.

I'm hoping for the KD redemption arc but I lack faith. Either way he's gonna look way more likable next to Kyrie lol. The Nets don't have as many unlikable guys as the Clippers, it's just for the Nets it happens to be their 2 stars, while Kawhi is one of the few likable parts of the Clippers (unless you're a Spurs fan).

11 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

I'm hoping for the KD redemption arc but I lack faith. Either way he's gonna look way more likable next to Kyrie lol. The Nets don't have as many unlikable guys as the Clippers, it's just for the Nets it happens to be their 2 stars, while Kawhi is one of the few likable parts of the Clippers (unless you're a Spurs fan).

I don't see KD being a redeemable character this season. Kyrie has one of the most unlikeable personalities in sports. That'll be enough to make people hate them. The Clippers might lose Harrell which may help their image a tad. I'm a player fan, I don't support any team consistently. I'm closest to being a Mavs fan right now.