• Lakers in 5
    • Lakers in 6
    • Lakers in 7
    • Miami in 4
    • Miami in 5
    • Miami in 6
    • Miami in 7

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean who knows how the game goes with those two, but another game where the Lakers dictated from the start. Damn near had a double digit lead all game long. Even with those two, they aren't stopping the Lakers. Going forward if Bam is healthy, the Heat need to start Olynyk next to him and let him guard Howard and put Bam on AD. Crowder on LeBron and go underneath the screens when LeBron is hunting the mismatch. Butler/Iggy did it a few times. The Heat are overmatched but they can do some things to make it more competitive. Robinson doesn't need to start. Go a little bigger while still having a shooting big in Olynyk out there. 

I never said they would stop the Lakers but they would’ve made a huge impact. Bam and Dragic have been responsible for half their points and assists this post season. AD isn’t killing them on the boards, well at the very least not to the extent, if Bam was there. Because that’s what killed them this game. The offensive rebounds. we’ll really will never know what went down this series. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I never said they would stop the Lakers but they would’ve made a huge impact. Bam and Dragic have been responsible for half their points and assists this post season. AD isn’t killing them on the boards, well at the very least not to the extent, if Bam was there. Because that’s what killed them this game. The offensive rebounds. we’ll really will never know what went down this series. 

And Bam was there game 1 and the Lakers still killed them on the boards. If they would have ran the zone defense even with Bam, they would have given up their fair share of boards. 

But nothing we saw yesterday makes me think Miami wins with Bam or Dragic? Could they have? Maybe, but Lakers literally led by 10+ all game long. And if Bam plays, who knows how much Olynyk plays. Going forward, I'm sure you will see Bam and Olynyk playing some together. 

Miami can mix in the zone from time to time, but LeBron and Rondo are too smart and know exactly how to break it and of course then you have AD who can kill it in multiple ways. Miami will have to man up and then they can load up on AD/LBJ the same way the Nuggets did in the conference finals. At least offensively they some things going from the second quarter on. 

23 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And Bam was there game 1 and the Lakers still killed them on the boards. If they would have ran the zone defense even with Bam, they would have given up their fair share of boards. 

But nothing we saw yesterday makes me think Miami wins with Bam or Dragic? Could they have? Maybe, but Lakers literally led by 10+ all game long. And if Bam plays, who knows how much Olynyk plays. Going forward, I'm sure you will see Bam and Olynyk playing some together. 

Miami can mix in the zone from time to time, but LeBron and Rondo are too smart and know exactly how to break it and of course then you have AD who can kill it in multiple ways. Miami will have to man up and then they can load up on AD/LBJ the same way the Nuggets did in the conference finals. At least offensively they some things going from the second quarter on. 

Not exactly true. In the first half, Lakers had the advantage on defensive rebounds (which would make sense given how efficient shooting they were) but Miami had one mor rebound in game 1. In Game 2, completely different story. Lakers had 10 more offensive rebounds than Miami. Acting as if Bam would’ve made no difference there is a bit silly. Bam rebounding and being their anchor would’ve helped and offensively he offers more dynamism. Like I said, half of their offense production this playoffs was absent last night. Miami couldn’t put a real run in that game because they kept getting beat for offensive rebounds. 

31 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Bam, Dragic, etc. It doesn’t matter, they weren’t beating the Lakers. Lakers shot terrible from 3 last night and Miami had double the free throws and still lost by 10. Howard and Davis can control Bam Bam with ease.

Lakers made 16 threes how is that terrible? Compared to 11 of Miami. Lakers are actually better when they go small and play AD at the 5. Man the conclusions off one game people are making is funny. Lakers lost game 1 in their first two series, I’d love to see the conclusions were making after those games lol.

13 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Not exactly true. In the first half, Lakers had the advantage on defensive rebounds (which would make sense given how efficient shooting they were) but Miami had one mor rebound in game 1. In Game 2, completely different story. Lakers had 10 more offensive rebounds than Miami. Acting as if Bam would’ve made no difference there is a bit silly. Bam rebounding and being their anchor would’ve helped and offensively he offers more dynamism. Like I said, half of their offense production this playoffs was absent last night. Miami couldn’t put a real run in that game because they kept getting beat for offensive rebounds. 

Not exactly true regarding what? You are failing to take into consideration that they played much more zone defense game 2 opposed to game 1. That gives AD and the others better chances for offensive rebounds. And in game 1 the Lakers still were dominating the glass as I stated. 

And you don't just go with "half their production" was missing when the replacements for those two players (Olynyk/Nunn) combined for 37 points 13 rebounds and 5 assists. When the game was completely controlled by one team, it is a HUGE projection thinking it would have been different with Bam/Dragic. Like the game could have been completely different and Olynyk may not have played more than a few minutes and same with Nunn. 

At the very least, Spo can now see he needs to play those two minutes even if Bam and/or Dragic return. Less of Robinson and more of those two. 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lakers made 16 threes how is that terrible? Compared to 11 of Miami. Lakers are actually better when they go small and play AD at the 5. Man the conclusions off one game people are making is funny. Lakers lost game 1 in their first two series, I’d love to see the conclusions were making after those games lol.

Well I mean there were threads created asking if LeBron's legacy would be destroyed and if AD would leave in free agency if they lost to Portland.

• Like 1