Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

8 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Saints beat us on O by doing exactly what they wanted to do, what it was obvious to everyone they wanted to do, and that's more problematic to me than getting beat by a team who made some great adjustments.

So you're suggesting the Saints purposely wanted their WRs/TEs to have combined less than 150 yards?

Well I guess you have to give it up to Sean Peyton, man he is creative with hsi game plans, too bad LaFleur can't purposely come up with schemes like that.

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Yeah, I think we found Pettine's burner lol

And yet I'm one of the few people that I've seen actually make suggestions for Pettine replacements... 

I just disagree with the stupidity to blame Pettine for every mistake, including every missed tackle, while the players get all the credit for anything good that has happened...

It's only reasonable to give some blame and credit to both... not extremes on one or the other, but sure let's just blame one person for everything.. if we get rid of that one person we'll be prefect...

1 minute ago, Beast said:

And yet I'm one of the few people that I've seen actually make suggestions for Pettine replacements... 

I just disagree with the stupidity to blame Pettine for every mistake, including every missed tackle, while the players get all the credit for anything good that has happened...

It's only reasonable to give some blame and credit to both... not extremes on one or the other, but sure let's just blame one person for everything.. if we get rid of that one person we'll be prefect...

Must be why people are ****ting on Redmond for missing tackles then...hmm. I thought Pettine got blamed for everything? You speak in hyperbole waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and it detracts from any point you try to make.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We really haven't seen any reason to believe that Dillon is going to be a great short yardage back, and as much as we might look to see him, last night was a grown man's game. That was best on best football on just about every snap.

I agree on that.  With no preseason, even with Dillon's size and talent, he is still about as green as you can be as a professional.  In a close game, with playoff implications, you go with your 4th year veterans.

With that being said, RB is a position that can have some real rookie impact.  I hope after the bye he's getting a fair share of touches to see what we have there.  Also, 6/8 of our last games are played outdoors.  I'd like to see AJD coming into his own just as the temperatures start to drop.

I think the hope with Dillion is as the season goes on and the weather gets worse... that’s when he will have a greater understanding of the offense, etc.

The talk is to keep Jones fresh for December and January. I think it’s more... Dillion will be ready then to spot Jones.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Must be why people are ****ting on Redmond for missing tackles then...hmm. I thought Pettine got blamed for everything? You speak in hyperbole waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much and it detracts from any point you try to make.

I don't mean that everyone is doing it, other than breathing, drinking, eating and ****ting everyone doesn't do the same exact thing, I'm referring to a select group. 

And while yes there are more negatives for Pettine than positives, have many positives things have you seen talked about?

The Packers team kept the Saints WRs and TEs to less than 150 yards, yes Kamara out right killed them, but the rest of the team.

I don't know whom called it, but Keke's first sack was a very nice stunt call where the OL didn't remember to follow him.

You need to be able to be sure that any RB is reliable in pass protection before you put him in the game, or he's at best a competitive disadvantage.

Also really big, powerful backs aren't necessarily great in short yardage since they're a bigger target to hit, and DL are still going to be bigger and more powerful than any RB.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

I don't mean that everyone is doing it, other than breathing, drinking, eating and ****ting everyone doesn't do the same exact thing, I'm referring to a select group. 

And while yes there are more negatives for Pettine than positives, have many positives things have you seen talked about?

The Packers team kept the Saints WRs and TEs to less than 150 yards, yes Kamara out right killed them, but the rest of the team.

I don't know whom called it, but Keke's first sack was a very nice stunt call where the OL didn't remember to follow him.

I'm more pro Pettine than most, but the Saints receivers after Thomas are straight trash and Cook left the game with an injury. 

That's hardly a tremendous achievement.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm more pro Pettine than most, but the Saints receivers after Thomas are straight trash and Cook left the game with an injury. 

That's hardly a tremendous achievement.

So this off-season Gute and Saints gave a $10 million per season offer trying to sign straight trash? 

I think being viable as both a run/receiving threat in addition to not being a liability in pass pro is a lot to ask from Dillon right now.  Jones and Williams both excel in all three areas.  I highly doubt Dillon does... yet.  Barring injury, I don't expect to see Dillon getting many live snaps with Rodgers this season.

3 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

I guess it's true enough that spending high picks on RB's is kind of dumb if you do not plan on playing them early and often.

Packers seem to have a habit of drafting a player high were an important player is going into a contract year...

I think it's partly to give the guy a year of experience and training before he might have to step up and start, but maybe also for contract leverage, see if the players is a must sign, of course depending on price which is probably even more important.