Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

10 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

Wasn't half the GB forum in mourning the day Sanders decided to sign with the Saints over GB?

I wasn't on much then, but it wouldn't surprise me, lots of people were basically saying the Packers need another top WR.

But it's interesting how lots of people want to trade for Sanders, and then upset when the 49ers got him... and it would make sense people were upset when he chose the Saints over the Packers.

I guess the Packers got lucky though, because he's now supposedly trash... so they were able to use that cap space in other ways.

1 hour ago, Beast said:

So you're suggesting the Saints purposely wanted their WRs/TEs to have combined less than 150 yards?

Well I guess you have to give it up to Sean Peyton, man he is creative with hsi game plans, too bad LaFleur can't purposely come up with schemes like that.

Did you miss the part where their best player set career highs for total yards, scored 2 TDs and Drew Brees completed 81% of his passes?

Why would you throw to mediocre football players when you can throw to an elite one?

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Did you miss the part where their best player set career highs for total yards, scored 2 TDs and Drew Brees completed 81% of his passes?

Why would you throw to mediocre football players when you can throw to an elite one?

So again, Packers and Saints both offered 10 million per year those off-season to a WR that is mediocre and/or trash? I just want to get this clear... that you're right and Gute was stupid to offer 10 million per year to a mediocre guy, who's apparently trash to some people...

And no I didn't miss it, but I'm sure we all realize that the NFL rules favor the offenses and that general defenses can't stop everything. Got to pick your poison...  you can absolutely argue that they might have picked the wrong poison... but can't we talk about both poisons? Is that so wrong? 

And this gets back to original point that someone claimed that the Saints were able to do whatever they wanted... I'm just asking so Sean Peyton wanted to get less than 150 yards with his WRs and TEs?

2 hours ago, Beast said:

I wasn't on much then, but it wouldn't surprise me, lots of people were basically saying the Packers need another top WR.

But it's interesting how lots of people want to trade for Sanders, and then upset when the 49ers got him... and it would make sense people were upset when he chose the Saints over the Packers.

I guess the Packers got lucky though, because he's now supposedly trash... so they were able to use that cap space in other ways.

Honestly, I think Sanders is fine.  Brees rarely gets the ball downfield enough for his value to be realized.  Unless Sean Payton schemes him into action more, I expect Sanders to be an unhappy camper.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:
But the refs only called bad penalties on the Saints...🙄

Every defensive hold on a pass rusher is sus. Logically it makes no sense for the guy trying to get a sack in any situation so I wasn’t surprised to see Z confused by the call at the time at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

So again, Packers and Saints both offered 10 million per year those off-season to a WR that is mediocre and/or trash? I just want to get this clear... that you're right and Gute was stupid to offer 10 million per year to a mediocre guy, who's apparently trash to some people...

And no I didn't miss it, but I'm sure we all realize that the NFL rules favor the offenses and that general defenses can't stop everything. Got to pick your poison...  you can absolutely argue that they might have picked the wrong poison... but can't we talk about both poisons? Is that so wrong? 

And this gets back to original point that someone claimed that the Saints were able to do whatever they wanted... I'm just asking so Sean Peyton wanted to get less than 150 yards with his WRs and TEs?

I'm very glad Sanders picked NO, I don't think he's trash, but he's mediocre at this stage in his career yes, so is Cook. Both those two are even less effective with a QB that can't throw 15 yards.

There was only one option last night for who to stop, that was Kamara. Jaire/King/Savage should've been glued to him. Just like they did to Jones.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm very glad Sanders picked NO, I don't think he's trash, but he's mediocre at this stage in his career yes, so is Cook. Both those two are even less effective with a QB that can't throw 15 yards.

There was only one option last night for who to stop, that was Kamara. Jaire/King/Savage should've been glued to him. Just like they did to Jones.

Hell, I would've settled for Chandon on him. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Wait, you think nothing happened there?

When you watch it 30 times in a row, you're like um yeah idk about all that ****, especially with such a rare call. But I can see it. The first playthrough I thought it looked kinda bad. 

We easily got the better end of the calls that game. I don't think it's a big deal to point that out.

Edited by Norm

7 hours ago, Norm said:

Wait, you think nothing happened there?

When you watch it 30 times in a row, you're like um yeah idk about all that ****, especially with such a rare call. But I can see it. The first playthrough I thought it looked kinda bad. 

We easily got the better end of the calls that game. I don't think it's a big deal to point that out.

What Z did on this play literally happens every play on the DL. Guys grab onto OL who they are engaged with at the LOS. This was not a case where Z reached out, arm extended and grabbed the OG as he was trying to reach across to engage another defender. This call was trash. 

10 hours ago, packfanfb said:

The Z thing only looks like a hold due to the spin of the OL, but the spin is caused more by the OLB from the right slamming into his backside and making him rotate on the stunt.

Also for the ref in the booth, he failed to address the whole play.... he was correct that the Saints WR should not of been called for blocking within none yard line, but he failed to address that WR was holding, so something was correctly called even if the refs got which rule wrong.

The Lewis push off, started with a horizontal route, in which the DB was tugging on his jersey, which the DB is faster than Lewis so he certainly shouldn't of had to do... and I agree that at first glance it looks like a push off, but on reply looked more like the DB selling a push after Lewis hand was up, and if there was a flag it should of been both both just Lewis.

And maybe I'm mistaken, as no one that has access to the game has pointed this out yet, but I seriously thought their LG kept slightly moving/ slightly shifting his weight pre-snap, while everyone nelse was still.