Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

It’s a great win and I’m incredibly happy. 

But I can’t help to look ahead and worry about Pettine. It’s not that we gave up a lot of points, it’s because of the game Kamara had. The only weapon playing that I was remotely afraid of and he destroyed us. Pettine couldn’t think of a plan to at least contain him ?? I hope they make Snacks an offer he can’t refuse. Even when Kenny comes back he needs help there.

There was a lot of hate for Rodgers this off-season , hell for the last few years. Hell, some argued Kirk Cousins was better. Any thoughts?

I really like the plug and play version of this offence. No more discussion about WRs creating separation, the scheme is doing the work. As is the O line. This is another game where Rodgers is pretty much untouched. I love not seeing those coverage sacks anymore. This is a really cool offence. It has got ball control, deep shots, misdirection and easy throws to open guys. Long may it continue!!!

Also if Turner was intended to be our RT why we go out and get Wagner. Seems like an expensive back up. If Turner is our RT for the next few years he is at a very affordable rate of about $8m per season. Cutting Wagner after the season would save $4.25m. Anyone got any insight in how Turner played, didn't hear his name much which is a good thing.

I hope this game deinflates the value of Aaron Jones a little. He is very good but not in the same league as Kamara. If we could get Jones at about $8m to $9m a season that would be ideal. 

Kevin King I don't think is worth a big contract. I hope he is not looking for one.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker90 said:

It’s a great win and I’m incredibly happy. 

But I can’t help to look ahead and worry about Pettine. It’s not that we gave up a lot of points, it’s because of the game Kamara had. The only weapon playing that I was remotely afraid of and he destroyed us. Pettine couldn’t think of a plan to at least contain him ?? I hope they make Snacks an offer he can’t refuse. Even when Kenny comes back he needs help there.

There was a lot of hate for Rodgers this off-season , hell for the last few years. Hell, some argued Kirk Cousins was better. Any thoughts?

Tackling is his responsibility, but I can’t think of a single big play that didn’t have a defender in place to stop it for a minimal gain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Also if Turner was intended to be our RT why we go out and get Wagner. Seems like an expensive back up. If Turner is our RT for the next few years he is at a very affordable rate of about $8m per season. Cutting Wagner after the season would save $4.25m. Anyone got any insight in how Turner played, didn't hear his name much which is a good thing.

I hope this game deinflates the value of Aaron Jones a little. He is very good but not in the same league as Kamara. If we could get Jones at about $8m to $9m a season that would be ideal. 

Kevin King I don't think is worth a big contract. I hope he is not looking for one.

We've seen 7 different line-ups in the OL. Paying Wagner was a great idea since it gives you the depth you'll need in this season (and he's played well when he's been out there). Without him we would have already played Nijman for two games.

Just now, persiandud said:

definitely no push off. had his hands on him, then took them off to make the play

I couldn’t believe how hard the announcers pushed that narrative when it clearly wasn’t a push off. His arm doesn’t extend at all. I just didn’t get it. 

39 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Anyone got any insight in how Turner played, didn't hear his name much which is a good thing.

Turner got his **** pushed in on running plays. Run game was piss poor overall last night but the Saints have a good front. If he looks bad vs Atlanta, we better pull the trigger of either putting him back at guard with Wagner at right tackle or simply putting Wagner back in.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, VonKarman said:

We've seen 7 different line-ups in the OL. Paying Wagner was a great idea since it gives you the depth you'll need in this season (and he's played well when he's been out there). Without him we would have already played Nijman for two games.

If his role was (is) back up then I think that is an expensive price to pay for one. We certainly needed a back up but a cheaper vet would have been better. 

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

If his role was (is) back up then I think that is an expensive price to pay for one. We certainly needed a back up but a cheaper vet would have been better. 

He was payed to compete for the starting RT. Given the Covid crisis + injuries during the short preseason is quite normal that he's not the starting RT by week 3. Besides, when he's played (50+% of this season snaps) he's been pretty good. Starting average RT money gets you around 10-12M per year, he's been payed 5.5M per year.