Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We really haven't seen any reason to believe that Dillon is going to be a great short yardage back, and as much as we might look to see him, last night was a grown man's game. That was best on best football on just about every snap.

Then why draft Dillon so high if the Packers aren't going to give him a chance on 3rd and 1? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Dillon in on any short yardage situation. Or even put in Jamal on short yardage situations, hes much strong than AJ and he proved that when he carried Lattimore for about 4 yards to get a first down.

it has to be said that for years the complaint has persisted that when the lights get bright, GB shrinks from it. Last night they went on the road (fine if you want to put an asterisk there) against a top team with a very capable QB and came away with a convincing win. Have to recognize that.

2 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

it has to be said that for years the complaint has persisted that when the lights get bright, GB shrinks from it. Last night they went on the road (fine if you want to put an asterisk there) against a top team with a very capable QB and came away with a convincing win. Have to recognize that.

Last years team would’ve lost that game. Huge win.

12 hours ago, mikebpackfan said:

Positives:

-I’m starting to think LaFleur is a very good coach

-Rodgers, except on all-MVS series, still looking special

-Jace and Lazard stepping up on offense

-Keke and Summers stepping up on defense

-The run defense wasn’t awful ALL the time. 
-Jaire defending the pass

- Three and 0

Negatives:

-The Zebras

-the pass rush was pretty anemic for the most part

-more damn injuries (Gary, Kirksey)

Godawfulness:

-that Kamara swing pass TD. God, I hope they show the defense that play 736 times this week. 

What happened to Gary?  

5 minutes ago, Cakeshoppe said:

I agree, but I don't wanna see a healthy NO in the playoffs, especially if there are fans there and somehow GB has to travel there again. NO feeds of their fans and if Michael Thomas is healthy, they are a very scary team. Personally I think if there were fans in the stadium, even without Thomas, I think NO would have won that game last night.

13 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

Then why draft Dillon so high if the Packers aren't going to give him a chance on 3rd and 1? Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen Dillon in on any short yardage situation. Or even put in Jamal on short yardage situations, hes much strong than AJ and he proved that when he carried Lattimore for about 4 yards to get a first down.

It's 3 games into his career...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Live, it looked like a push off.  On replay, it looked like a proper no-call.  I would say the same thing about the Jamaal Williams horsecollar penalty.  That looked like a horsecollar live, but on replay, it looked like it shouldn't have been called.  The refs had problems all night.

The zebras also missed a running into/roughing our punter.

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

The zebras also missed a running into/roughing our punter.

It was 4th and 7 or 8 and it was running into at the most which is 5 yards fwiw. It wouldn't have kept possession with us anyways. At least that's how I remember it.

The problem you have with Dillon right now is that if you put him in the game the defense knows you are gonna run. He's yet not very good at pass pro, and it's really important in LaFleur's scheme for a RB to be able to do it properly. My guess is he'll earn some more snaps during the season but he'll still end the season as a RB3 unless some injuries happen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dwaye50327 said:

I agree, but I don't wanna see a healthy NO in the playoffs, especially if there are fans there and somehow GB has to travel there again. NO feeds of their fans and if Michael Thomas is healthy, they are a very scary team. Personally I think if there were fans in the stadium, even without Thomas, I think NO would have won that game last night.

part of why this game was so huge is it gives us the tie-breaker over NO.  It seems like we've lost the tie-breaker against every team we are fighting for playoff seeding with in the last few years. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ross Uglem -   PFF's highest-graded defender yesterday (only 13 snaps)? Oren Burks. 1 catch allowed into his coverage for three yards, two tackles, one "stop", zero missed tackles. 2nd-highest coverage grade on the team.

Also Forced a fumble on a kickoff return

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I think Dungy nailed it, in that offensive scheme you need to make sure you have dominant WRs are your asking them to run iso routes and someone to win with the QB extending the play until he find the guy that won...

But if you're WRs aren't clearly winning one on ones (and man they sure did in 2011, that was beautiful), then that system is in trouble...

We didn't have the pieces for that system at the end... and MM stupidly doubled down and passed the ball 67+% of the time, 3rd highest ratio of any team since I believe they started tracking it in 2003... which put maximum pressure on the OL pass blocking and QB instead.of spreading it out...

And that's the beauty of LaFleur scheme, he stated his job is to take the pressure off the QB (and therefore OL pass blocking, which spreads it into the RB and the run blocking, which OL reportedly prefer to do), and spreads the pressure out more evenly between the players.

I wonder if McCarthy will wear out his welcome in Dallas.  He has one of the top RBs in the league and is still flinging the ball instead.

• Like 1