Week Three Recap: Pack Dat

mikebpackfan

3 hours ago, Brit Pack said:

To pay Wagner as the 14th highest paid RT in the game is a bit rich for a back up. 

MLF keeps on going on about the best five suit up. That means Lucas Patrick at $1.15m is the better option than having Billy at RG and Wagner at RT. 

It goes back to my original point if the intention and that was discussed when he was signed last year, was to have Billy as a RT eventually, why go out and spend so much for a back up RT?

So we don't wind up with Adam Pankey, Jason Spriggs and Kyle Murphy on the field. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

I'm still wondering why Redmond was higher than Greene...

Also I'm a bit surprised they don't use a minimum number of snaps, like you need at least 20, 15, or at least 10.

Redmond over Greene and Jackson is another indictment of the defensive staff. 

Redmond is an excellent ST player, he's like Jarrett Bush. He's not a guy you willingly play on defense unless injuries force you to.

Man, I'm so glad I was right on LaFleur. He's a damn good HC and we're lucky to have #12 running the system. My post from the LaFleur hire thread was almost spot on tbh.

I went to bat for LaFleur with my buddy on Sunday night and, by the end of the night, he was on board with him as a viable candidate. As I've said numerous times, he was in my top 3 after doing some research. I like the background as it's highly encouraging and I love the fact that we took the risk of being a year too early rather than miss out on potentially the next big thing. Yeah, he was green in Tennessee but that team has no offensive talent. Mariota is a checkdown magnet, Derrick Henry is the softest big dude I've ever seen and their WR/TE core after Delanie Walker went down was lolworthy. You give him #12, Davante Adams, Aaron Jones and possibly a day 1 or 2 draft pick with a hopefully ascending MVS...woooo boy. Just call me the Nature Boy cuz I'll be dropping woo's all damn day. We can look at the negatives all day but there's a lot to like about this hire. The one thing that I absolutely love is the adapting to the personnel he's given rather than trying to force square pegs into round holes. Though, we need to be a bit patient with him. We'll see progress next season and it may even mean a post-season berth but we're not going to make a significant jump unless Aaron Rodgers returns to Godgers form. I'm ready for the LaFleur era. LaFleur Lane, here we come!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Redmond over Greene and Jackson is another indictment of the defensive staff. 

Redmond is an excellent ST player, he's like Jarrett Bush. He's not a guy you willingly play on defense unless injuries force you to.

This isn't meant to be sarcastic, serious.

So they're just idiots and everyone knows better?

Then again everyone seems to like Summers last night and I thought he was *** from what I saw. 

7 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Pretty poorly 😉

I wasn't being serious with the gold star **** lol. I just had to give ya hell.

I just went and found the dean lowry re-sign thread the other day to laugh about how everyone seemed to think it was a great deal but me. I was so confused why anyone liked that damn thing. Honeymoon phase of Gute.

Good take on MLF but I had no idea how that was going to mesh with what we had. But I love it. It's totally my style, even though most people wouldn't call it sexy before you see it work.

13 minutes ago, Norm said:

I wasn't being serious with the gold star **** lol. I just had to give ya hell.

I just went and found the dean lowry re-sign thread the other day to laugh about how everyone seemed to think it was a great deal but me. I was so confused why anyone liked that damn thing. Honeymoon phase of Gute.

Good take on MLF but I had no idea how that was going to mesh with what we had. But I love it. It's totally my style, even though most people wouldn't call it sexy before you see it work.

lol I know. That's why I was giving you **** back. I don't take you seriously unless you're actually intending to be, which is pretty rare, no offense lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

The Saints beat us on O by doing exactly what they wanted to do, what it was obvious to everyone they wanted to do, and that's more problematic to me than getting beat by a team who made some great adjustments.

I wasn't happy how they handled Kamara, but not many D coordinators have been able to handle him even if they have all of their preferred personnel and scheme for him.  It's not an excuse but he is such a versatile weapon that challenges every part of the D.  I think the defense has some real questions to answer but they are not a lost cause.  We will not be a top defense this year but I do hope for some more (positive) consistency.

One thing you can say we were ready for, we ate Taysom Hill for dinner just about every time he was involved.  The one obvious play but I was happy to see us steamroll any wrinkles they added for him at other points in the game.

Edited by Refugee