QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

12 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Does anyone actually think Carson can turn things around? Like what made him great in 2017 (pre snap reads, pocket awareness, etc.) don't seem to exist anymore. Can a person re-learn to be a QB?

I´m actually more surprised that we are writing him off completely after 8ish bad games (granted, awful, terrible games some of them).We even have a thread about replacing him when there´s far more evidence of him being good than bad, specially this bad. 

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

I´m actually more surprised that we are writing him off completely after 8ish bad games (granted, awful, terrible games some of them).We even have a thread about replacing him when there´s far more evidence of him being good than bad, specially this bad. 

What evidence is there of him being good? 

Just now, Broadway Joe said:

If you are being serious then let’s not waste both of our time starting a discussion on this and let’s just agree to disagree from the start.

I mean Carson's mechanics, decision making and instincts have all fallen off in a huge way. So saying oh he was good in 2017 doesn't mean anything. 

13 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Does anyone actually think Carson can turn things around? Like what made him great in 2017 (pre snap reads, pocket awareness, etc.) don't seem to exist anymore. Can a person re-learn to be a QB?

I think there is a chance, but it requires a strong will from Lurie. He’s gotta fire Doug and everyone else on the offensive side that has to do with the QBs. He needs someone with vision to craft an offense that will force him to revert back. He needs someone who’s actually gonna call him out.

Thing is I have no idea who that could be.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I think there is a chance, but it requires a strong will from Lurie. He’s gotta fire Doug and everyone else on the offensive side that has to do with the QBs. He needs someone with vision to craft an offense that will force him to revert back. He needs someone who’s actually gonna call him out.

Thing is I have no idea who that could be.

I think Carson and Howie are more to blame for Carsons struggles than Doug. 

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

If it was just this year, yeah it’s a bit of an overreaction.

But Wentz has had what...those first couple of games his rookie year, 2017 until he got hurt, and then that final stretch last year. He’s not been very good for more than half his career. The difference this year is he lacks an excuse.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

If it was just this year, yeah it’s a bit of an overreaction.

But Wentz has had what...those first couple of games his rookie year, 2017 until he got hurt, and then that final stretch last year. He’s not been very good for more than half his career. The difference this year is he lacks an excuse.

Well we always wanted carson to be more consistent and he finally has found consistency just it being bad is not good. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I think Carson and Howie are more to blame for Carsons struggles than Doug. 

Can’t say I disagree, but if you want to turn Carson around... Doug gotta go. He doesn’t really seem up to the task, and the guys he’s brought in/kept on staff don’t seem to be either. Or at the very least they can’t get through to him.

Shouldn’t be on the coaches to fix his footwork, train his eyes back to where they were...but here we are.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Can’t say I disagree, but if you want to turn Carson around... Doug gotta go. He doesn’t really seem up to the task, and the guys he’s brought in/kept on staff don’t seem to be either. Or at the very least they can’t get through to him.

Shouldn’t be on the coaches to fix his footwork, train his eyes back to where they were...but here we are.

I do think Doug should be fired. I mean we are gonna pick top 5 this year and probably again next year. No reason to keep a lame duck coach around for a full rebuild. 

24 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

you know he started out really well in week 1 vs washington.. What if the Washington DL just destroyed this mans confidence. 

Also, i think Wentz will be fine. Eagles need to become a run team the rest of the season to have Carson settle down. Let Miles be the bell cow and the game will slow down for Carson.