QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

55 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

you know he started out really well in week 1 vs washington.. What if the Washington DL just destroyed this mans confidence. 

Also, i think Wentz will be fine. Eagles need to become a run team the rest of the season to have Carson settle down. Let Miles be the bell cow and the game will slow down for Carson. 

I have that idea as well. Obviously the line is atrocious and the WR are rarely getting open quick, which has led to Carson making matters worse for them as he doesn´t trust the pocket nor he trust his receivers to make a play. Who by the way seem to have reverted back to their 2016 mode and can´t stop to find a space in zone coverage anymore.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

If it was just this year, yeah it’s a bit of an overreaction.

But Wentz has had what...those first couple of games his rookie year, 2017 until he got hurt, and then that final stretch last year. He’s not been very good for more than half his career. The difference this year is he lacks an excuse.

You don´t consider his 2018 and 2019 as good seasons? If by good you mean elite, then yes only 2017 stands for that but the past two years have shown he is a good QB but he did had his bad games that´s for sure.

My theory on what happened to Carson, is that at the start of the Doug regime we had a strong QB room in terms of coaching, obviously that went down the drain after 2017 and the team has done 0 to go back to that, the hubris they shown by only promoting from within and not interviewing anyone has been a constant with this team but while they were forced to make a change at WR coach and OC the QB coaching has been neglected even when it was clear Press Taylor was not qualified for the job. Maybe they thought Carson was a finished product and/or Doug didn´t want to upset anyone and hates to fire people. But the further we´ve gone from that structure the worse the QB has looked and the fact that this team can´t coach and develop any position aside from RB and OL it´s an indication of the incompetency of the whole organization. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

I do think Doug should be fired. I mean we are gonna pick top 5 this year and probably again next year. No reason to keep a lame duck coach around for a full rebuild. 

It's on him to change things and he seems fairly resolute in his want to stay the same.

I appreciate the ring doug, but if you can't see the mess in front of you...let alone fix it...you gotta go.

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

It's on him to change things and he seems fairly resolute in his want to stay the same.

I appreciate the ring doug, but if you can't see the mess in front of you...let alone fix it...you gotta go.

Laurie prides himself not being a trigger happy owner. I’m pretty convinced no major changes after this season 

There is no way Hurts won't look really good and cause a fan dividing QB controversy heading into 2021... Which I guess is better than the alternative of him just looking awful, meaning we not only wasted a 2nd round pick but have an offense that isn't just bad because of our QB.

Will be interesting. Let's just hope Doug didn't mean he's going to dial up 10 read options instead of 3, and actually will let Hurts drop back.

2 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

There is no way Hurts won't look really good and cause a fan dividing QB controversy heading into 2021... Which I guess is better than the alternative of him just looking awful, meaning we not only wasted a 2nd round pick but have an offense that isn't just bad because of our QB.

Will be interesting. Let's just hope Doug didn't mean he's going to dial up 10 read options instead of 3, and actually will let Hurts drop back.

At this point I can only hope. The offense does him like no favors, but how lax Wentz is with his eyes, footwork and throwing mechanics...he needs to get checked. Maybe if they actually bench him soon it’ll sink in. 

If Hurts steps up in that chance, awesome. The new regime next year can let them fight it out. Worst case they both suck, and we are in the QB market in 2022. FA wise there is like nothing, but seems to be a handful 1st round caliber kids coming out.

On 11/27/2020 at 9:37 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Laurie prides himself not being a trigger happy owner. I’m pretty convinced no major changes after this season 

Agreed. I’m not optimistic going forward with Doug but in the past 3 years, he’s 4-2 in the playoffs with two division titles and a Super Bowl. He’s not getting fired after one bad season. The only way he goes is if everyone agrees to mutually part ways.

50 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Agreed. I’m not optimistic going forward with Doug but in the past 3 years, he’s 4-2 in the playoffs with two division titles and a Super Bowl. He’s not getting fired after one bad season. The only way he goes is if everyone agrees to mutually part ways.

Nor should He. Regardless of what these spoiled ,self entitled , whiney *** eagle fans stupidly expected. News flash, 🤫 Dynasty's don't grow on trees.