QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

I'd trade the farm for Watson in theory. Start off with Wentz, #6, future 1st at least. He's a top 5 QB only getting better, and in this league nothing is more impactful than high end QB play. The only reservation is if Watson forced his way out of the team that drafted him and was committed 110% to him , what would stop him from doing the same here when things get rough? I'd want a blood oath that he wants to be here even though things might get rough, and I don't think we'd get that... Also the money, we entered this offseason -$60M as is. Fun thought, but not realistic. Hopefully he doesn't end up with the Giants or WFT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I'd trade the farm for Watson in theory. Start off with Wentz, #6, future 1st at least. He's a top 5 QB only getting better, and in this league nothing is more impactful than high end QB play. The only reservation is if Watson forced his way out of the team that drafted him and was committed 110% to him , what would stop him from doing the same here when things get rough? I'd want a blood oath that he wants to be here even though things might get rough, and I don't think we'd get that... Also the money, we entered this offseason -$60M as is. Fun thought, but not realistic. Hopefully he doesn't end up with the Giants or WFT.

But then he’d have Howie picking him receivers and Doug coaching him so his career would be tanked in 3 years 

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Any chance, with what seems to be a focus on Wentz, that Hurts becomes available?

Maybe after OTAs, it really depends on how the relationship with Carson is going and how he’s progressing. If the feel the need to  to iron out the relationship with Carson (which they shouldn’t) that’d be another reason they’d move him this year. 

If someone offered a second maybe Howie just takes it. Hard to say.

48 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Maybe after OTAs, it really depends on how the relationship with Carson is going and how he’s progressing. If the feel the need to  to iron out the relationship with Carson (which they shouldn’t) that’d be another reason they’d move him this year. 

If Howie trades Jalen Hurts at all, it just tells me even more that it was a Doug pick to begin with and that whole spiel about Doug throwing Howie under the bus with the draft is a whole bunch of nonsense.

8 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Only way he gets moved is for a second or higher. But he won't get moved because no team is willing to give that up for him

Made me think today; if playing Hurts was a Doug move then Carson can and would feel salty to the FO for not stepping in and pulling leash on Doug. If playing Hurts was a FO move then Wentz feels natural betrayal. Either way spells Wentz is gone, they’re just waiting for the market to set. I’ve made my mind up that Wentz is a goner. I think they give Hurts a real shot to be the QB and this year, for better or worse, puts us in position to have a QB at least for the next few years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Made me think today; if playing Hurts was a Doug move then Carson can and would feel salty to the FO for not stepping in and pulling leash on Doug. If playing Hurts was a FO move then Wentz feels natural betrayal. Either way spells Wentz is gone, they’re just waiting for the market to set. I’ve made my mind up that Wentz is a goner. I think they give Hurts a real shot to be the QB and this year, for better or worse, puts us in position to have a QB at least for the next few years. 

If you're rolling with Hurts, we'll be looking for a QB in the draft for the next 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

This feels like wishful thinking if you ask me. Trading Wentz with that contract is next to impossible. Wentz almost certainly here next year unless the Colts REALLY want him which seems unlikely to me atm.