QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

19 hours ago, Scalamania said:

You have an extremely unhealthy obsession with Wentz. 

I don't know what's worse - your obsession with Wentz or the dude who hates Rodney McCleod. 

I know a talented QB when I see one and the rest of you just want to throw it away.. Philly doesn't win a super bowl with out wentz, Don't' forget that.  Wentz deserves the benefit of the doubt, he helped end our drought

6 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

I know a talented QB when I see one and the rest of you just want to throw it away.. Philly doesn't win a super bowl with out wentz, Don't' forget that.  Wentz deserves the benefit of the doubt, he helped end our drought

The past has nothing to do with the present. 

I'm not a Wentz hater, I actually love Wentz. I have a giant Wentz autographed picture in my basement that I paid a decent amount for a few years back. However, I'm a realist and right now Carson Wentz sucks and he doesn't just suck a little bit. He was the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. 

12 minutes ago, eagles18 said:

Shoulda resigned Peters for 10 years, ya know. 

Things change man. Can’t dwell on it. Maybe he does return to form. Maybe he goes to NE and becomes the new Tom Brady. Or maybe he’s Sam Bradford. But the more you wait to make a decision the more likely you get peanuts for him. If you’re going to move on from him, which looks like it’s clearly time, you do it now. Appreciate 2017 but he’s not the same guy for whatever reason. Seems to me that his path to success will not be on the Eagles. For better or worse for Philadelphia and it’s fans. 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 4:30 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

Unless Brandt has sources within the Eagles straight up saying that they are keeping him, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. It all comes down to two things...are the Eagles willing to have 33 million dead cap hit for a year for a player who's not on the roster (they should be, but investment costs are a thing, unfortunately) and are they willing to give the keys to Hurts full time after the year is over. Thats it. If Hurts is the starter, than 33 million to not be on the roster and being done with it after is a far superior situation to having 34 million as a back up who never plays while also paying upwards of 40 million in additional real cash plus the additional space taken up in 2022 when they once again cannot cut him because he costs more to cut than keep on the roster. They would ostensibly have to bank on the idea that they can sit Wentz for all of 2021 on the bench at 34 million, then trade him before 2022 and "only" have a dead cap of 24.5 million. Brandt's refusal to acknowledge that this could happen appears to stem almost entirely on the sunk cost fallacy.

The eagles are not "stuck" with him unless absolutely nobody wants him. The financial are not an impediment to a trade (especially if Wentz is willing to work around the deal and have some restructuring done to move and be a starter; the 15 million the guarantees a year early would be the biggest thing) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

The past has nothing to do with the present. 

I'm not a Wentz hater, I actually love Wentz. I have a giant Wentz autographed picture in my basement that I paid a decent amount for a few years back. However, I'm a realist and right now Carson Wentz sucks and he doesn't just suck a little bit. He was the worst starting quarterback in the NFL. 

Its a pandemic year, no offseason, no fans.. what if he is a player that has the crowd hype him up and play better?? We need to give him the benefit of the doubt and back our QB.. this wishy washy ****e us philly fans do is ridiculous.

Just now, eagles18 said:

Its a pandemic year, no offseason, no fans.. what if he is a player that has the crowd hype him up and play better?? We need to give him the benefit of the doubt and back our QB.. this wishy washy ****e us philly fans do is ridiculous.

Just seems like an excuse tbh - he was given more then enough time this season to shake off any rust he may have had from the lack of an off-season and he still failed miserably. 

Also, if there were full crowds allowed at games he would've gotten benched a lot earlier because there's no way he could mentally take the beating from the fans. 

Just now, Scalamania said:

Just seems like an excuse tbh - he was given more then enough time this season to shake off any rust he may have had from the lack of an off-season and he still failed miserably. 

Also, if there were full crowds allowed at games he would've gotten benched a lot earlier because there's no way he could mentally take the beating from the fans. 

I think we'll just agree to disagree and we'll let 2021 do the talking. 

Fans wouldn't of helped Wentz out this year. That concussion broke Wentz imo. He Markelle Fultz'd us after the concussion.

I love Wentz but after seeing this season it's just time to move on. There's been to much damage done by the team, fans and possible his view of us and them.

Jalen brings some extra juice to our QB position that we haven't had in alil bit. After these last two games he could put his stamp on keeping the job into the future. Better yet if we make the playoffs and he does damage and wins a game or two

Wentz was doomed the minute BDN won Super Bowl 52. I lile Wentz, and I think he can turn it around and become a good player again. I just don't think it's going to happen in Philly. All of his backups have had more success than him, he's been hurt every year, etc.

The guy just needs a fresh start somewhere else where the pressure is off.

Edited by RBreezy

On 12/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, eagles18 said:

I forgot that only Wentz went through all this. What a solid point 🙄

On 12/24/2020 at 12:30 PM, eagles18 said:

The lengths that Wentz excusers will go to defend him is truly astounding. Can't even make it up haha.

On 12/24/2020 at 6:28 PM, Forge said:

Unless Brandt has sources within the Eagles straight up saying that they are keeping him, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. It all comes down to two things...are the Eagles willing to have 33 million dead cap hit for a year for a player who's not on the roster (they should be, but investment costs are a thing, unfortunately) and are they willing to give the kehen trade him before 2022 and "only" have a dead cap of 24.5 million. Brandt's refusal to acknowledge that this could happen appears to stem almost entirely on the sunk cost fallacy.ys to Hurts full time after the year is over. Thats it. If Hurts is the starter, than 33 million to not be on the roster and being done with it after is a far superior situation to having 34 million as a back up who never plays while also paying upwards of 40 million in additional real cash plus the additional space taken up in 2022 when they once again cannot cut him because he costs more to cut than keep on the roster. They would ostensibly have to bank on the idea that they can sit Wentz for all of 2021 on the bench at 34 million, t

The eagles are not "stuck" with him unless absolutely nobody wants him. The financial are not an impediment to a trade (especially if Wentz is willing to work around the deal and have some restructuring done to move and be a starter; the 15 million the guarantees a year early would be the biggest thing) 

I read on Twitter one of the OTC guys saying that the only way this contract is non-tradeable is if the Eagles won't absorb the hit. It's definitely a contract you can take on as a buyer.

What do people here consider the minimum they'd take to move him?