QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

I’ve definitely heard more than one person on a radio or tv show saying he could easily rework a contract to facilitate a deal if either party had issues with the contract moving forward. If he wants that money on his current deal, it’s up to him. If he wants to start on another team, it’s up to him. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I’ve definitely heard more than one person on a radio or tv show saying he could easily rework a contract to facilitate a deal if either party had issues with the contract moving forward. If he wants that money on his current deal, it’s up to him. If he wants to start on another team, it’s up to him. 

He'd have to give money back to facilitate a trade

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Through three Jalen Hurts starts, I'm leaning slightly pro-fix Wentz rather than trade him. Assuming we don't get back some exorbitant package. Most of all though, I don't want to draft a QB high. I think you either roll with Wentz or Hurts for 2021.

Can’t draft a QB when you have a $128M guy and promising rookie. This is obviously a coach issue if we can’t win with either of them.

I’m pro-fix Wentz, but have him on a tight leash. If he’s playing poorly, there should be no hesitation to play Hurts like there was this year. That really hinges on a new coach, which it doesn’t look like will happen. So in reality Wentz and Hurts will just continue to regress and we’ll find ourselves taking a QB in 2022 with a top 5 pick and our new regime. 

If there are teams willing to trade 1st or even 2nd for Wentz, and we can make the cap work, then that’s the move.

2021 just feels like a waste of a year, delaying inevitable franchise reset.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Can’t draft a QB when you have a $128M guy and promising rookie. This is obviously a coach issue if we can’t win with either of them.

I’m pro-fix Wentz, but have him on a tight leash. If he’s playing poorly, there should be no hesitation to play Hurts like there was this year. That really hinges on a new coach, which it doesn’t look like will happen. So in reality Wentz and Hurts will just continue to regress and we’ll find ourselves taking a QB in 2022 with a top 5 pick and our new regime. 

If there are teams willing to trade 1st or even 2nd for Wentz, and we can make the cap work, then that’s the move.

2021 just feels like a waste of a year, delaying inevitable franchise reset.

franchise needs to reset next year 

On 12/27/2020 at 11:58 AM, EaglesPeteC said:

He'd have to give money back to facilitate a trade

I don't think he has to give money back...I think he really just has to remove the 2021 partial vesting of his 2022 salary. Nobody will want that second year of guarantees. The team money isn't even bad, especially for the first year when you realize the base salary is an empty cap hit that you'll get back in 2022