QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

On 12/30/2020 at 1:45 PM, ninjapirate said:

yeesh

Yet despite all of that after 5 years as the Eagles QB, he still is this as well.

QBs with a TD/INT ratio >2.2 in their first 5 seasons (min 1000 att)
- Carson Wentz
- Russell Wilson
- Patrick Mahomes
- Aaron Rodgers
- Deshaun Watson
- Dak Prescott
- Derek Carr
Despite an atrocious turnover year, Wentz' career numbers are still in good company. #Eagles

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Oh I'm in dark mode and the text matched my background. But yeah I saw that on twitter and who cares? The guy led the league in turnovers this year who gives a hot damn about cumulative career stats?

Especially when half to most of his problems are fumbles. Count them suckers up and see where he is. 

TBH, if someone isn’t knocking my socks off with a deal, I’m keeping Carson and giving him an offseason to try and work out his issues. I don’t like the odds but if all we are getting is a 3rd or some other crap offer, I’d rather just keep him. 

21 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

TBH, if someone isn’t knocking my socks off with a deal, I’m keeping Carson and giving him an offseason to try and work out his issues. I don’t like the odds but if all we are getting is a 3rd or some other crap offer, I’d rather just keep him. 

Problem is you trade him now or you are stuck with him a couple more years minimum.

34 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think like a lot of people have said it'll be 2 picks, one of them a 2022 conditional. Just seems to make the most sense.
If Wentz is really serious about wanting to move on and get a fresh start he can lower his contract to help facilitate it.
If a team really thinks he is still a top 10 QB the contract is still a pretty good one.

Yea I guess so. Starting QBs fetch a nice bounty no matter who it is. If a team is sniffing around and you know they don’t have a capable starter, they’re going to pony up some assets. I would love a first but it would def make me feel better that we moved him for a similar deal when Smith went to the 49ers. It was like a 2nd and a conditional pick that turned into a 2nd. I’d love a 2nd and a conditional pick that could turn into a first if whatever team makes the playoffs or he’s a pro bowler or something. If he turns it around on another team and all we got was a 2nd and a 5th for a franchise QB, I’m going to be upset. 

41 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea I guess so. Starting QBs fetch a nice bounty no matter who it is. If a team is sniffing around and you know they don’t have a capable starter, they’re going to pony up some assets. I would love a first but it would def make me feel better that we moved him for a similar deal when Smith went to the 49ers. It was like a 2nd and a conditional pick that turned into a 2nd. I’d love a 2nd and a conditional pick that could turn into a first if whatever team makes the playoffs or he’s a pro bowler or something. If he turns it around on another team and all we got was a 2nd and a 5th for a franchise QB, I’m going to be upset. 

well we kept doug do you think he turns it around here? That doesn't really look possible.