QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yup just saw that too. This offseason is just going to be a million conflicting reports one on top of the other. Can’t this team have a bad season without just constant drama???? Lol 

I think i saw les reply to someone on twitter earlier this week that teams have drama because they are bad.

17 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

You know who leads the NFL in Fumbles (6) since week 14? Wait for it, wait for it?

How does a potential issue with a rookie have anything to do with a 5 year vet on pace to have the most fumbles of all time? 

You posted some skewed stat that makes it seem like Carson doesn’t turn the ball over. When in fact he turns it over at historic rates. Then your rebuttal is to compare him to a rookie QBs first 4 games? Wentz has major turnover issues. What does any other QB have to do with it? Especially comparing him to a players first 4 games. 

17 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

It’s a pretty dumb take by that guy. The Eagles have to pay Wentz only if Wentz wants them to. Carson probably wants to roll so to makes it easier for everyone, he has to sacrifice some guaranteed dollars. I think it’s all mutually beneficial. Eagles get cap relief, new team gets an adjusted salary, Carson gets a fresh start on a new team and doesn’t have to sit behind a 2nd year QB wasting away his prime years. I’m not sure if Carson has any trade rights but he can just as easily collect the money the Eagles promised by sitting on the bench. If not, the Eagles have some leverage. It’s business, we all know that. 

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I honestly wanted to give Wentz one more year to see if this one was just some crazy anomaly. Doesn't sound like that's even remotely possible now. I'd bet a lot that wherever he goes he will play like a top 10 QB. Possibly top 5.

You have to think there isn’t much communication going on. I don’t think Doug can make the move to Jalen without Lurie/Howie’s consent. But you bench Carson and tell him what? “Hey, you’re just not right. We’re going to go with the kid and reevaluate next offseason and try and fix this.” or “Hey, Hurts is starting for us now.” I’d think if Carson knew he’d get the job back or at the very least he’d get to compete, you wouldn’t be hearing so much noise about Wentz wanting out. 

Not related but something I’ve thought, I’m not sure how committed the FO was to Wentz in the first place. Drafting a QB in the 2nd round is not insurance, it’s a possible replacement.