QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

7 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s a pretty dumb take by that guy. The Eagles have to pay Wentz only if Wentz wants them to. Carson probably wants to roll so to makes it easier for everyone, he has to sacrifice some guaranteed dollars. I think it’s all mutually beneficial. Eagles get cap relief, new team gets an adjusted salary, Carson gets a fresh start on a new team and doesn’t have to sit behind a 2nd year QB wasting away his prime years. I’m not sure if Carson has any trade rights but he can just as easily collect the money the Eagles promised by sitting on the bench. If not, the Eagles have some leverage. It’s business, we all know that. 

You guys won't get cap relief, it just helps facilitate a trade because nobody is going to want to take him on and be locked to him for two years because of the 2022 vesting. But the dead money on your cap next year will stay because that's money that has already been paid. It gives you relief for future years because he's no longer on the roster

10 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You have to think there isn’t much communication going on. I don’t think Doug can make the move to Jalen without Lurie/Howie’s consent. But you bench Carson and tell him what? “Hey, you’re just not right. We’re going to go with the kid and reevaluate next offseason and try and fix this.” or “Hey, Hurts is starting for us now.” I’d think if Carson knew he’d get the job back or at the very least he’d get to compete, you wouldn’t be hearing so much noise about Wentz wanting out. 

Not related but something I’ve thought, I’m not sure how committed the FO was to Wentz in the first place. Drafting a QB in the 2nd round is not insurance, it’s a possible replacement. 

well how is Jalen Hurts gonna feel when we draft a qb top 10 this year?

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

You guys won't get cap relief, it just helps facilitate a trade because nobody is going to want to take him on and be locked to him for two years because of the 2022 vesting. But the dead money on your cap next year will stay because that's money that has already been paid. It gives you relief for future years because he's no longer on the roster

If Carson wants to facilitate a trade he could give money back to the Eagles and negotiate with the new team to get some or all of that money. Not saying it’s likely but if the Eagles play hard ball and Carson wants out bad enough, it can happen. 

Just now, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if the team knew that Wentz wanted out before they green lit doug coming back or if carson wants out now that doug will be back.

Could we see Lurie backtrack and get rid of doug to keep carson still?

Possible. I’m hoping all the stuff leaking out there early gets Lurie pissed and he just cleans house. Let’s a new GM and HC decide what they wanna do with Carson and move on.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I wonder if the team knew that Wentz wanted out before they green lit doug coming back or if carson wants out now that doug will be back.

No. Wentz' play at qb specifically is what led Lurie to miss a game for the first time. 

11 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

There is a big meeting Tuesday.