QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

Posted this in the news forum... makes absolutely zero sense to retain Roseman if he is trading Wentz:

How Howie Roseman has a job if they do trade Wentz is nothing short of baffling. You would think that the GMs job is tied to the franchise QB, considering the GM gave up this to get him:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

But then again, this is the same GM that drafted a QB in the 2nd round, when there are a million other holes on the team.  Oh, also the same GM that picked the HC that was then fired in 4 years.  And the same GM that also hired another stretch HC, so that he can control everything around him, and who can barely muddle his way through his opening press conference.  

Promising times ahead in Philadelphia. 

20 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

Posted this in the news forum... makes absolutely zero sense to retain Roseman if he is trading Wentz:

How Howie Roseman has a job if they do trade Wentz is nothing short of baffling. You would think that the GMs job is tied to the franchise QB, considering the GM gave up this to get him:

The Eagles get: The No. 2 pick in 2016 and a 2017 fourth-round pick.

The Browns get: The No. 8 pick in 2016, the No. 77 pick (third round) in 2016, the No. 100 pick (fourth round) in 2016, a 2017 first-rounder and a 2018 second-rounder.

But then again, this is the same GM that drafted a QB in the 2nd round, when there are a million other holes on the team.  Oh, also the same GM that picked the HC that was then fired in 4 years.  And the same GM that also hired another stretch HC, so that he can control everything around him, and who can barely muddle his way through his opening press conference.  

Promising times ahead in Philadelphia. 

And a super bowl. I mean, yea you’re right, but super bowl bro. That buys you some leash. A lot of it. 

• Like 1

Again, what are you supposed to do if the guy has already said he doesn't want to be here. It's pretty clear it's his sentiment to be traded, or else he would've countered the multiple reports that have come out since the end of the season. 

If he refuses to play for a new coaching staff, what choice do you have?

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

And a super bowl. I mean, yea you’re right, but super bowl bro. That buys you some leash. A lot of it. 

But then you're looking at a crazy double standard considering he fired a SB winning coach and is trading the QB that set them up for the SB run.  

Not to mention the rest of the team at practically every single other position on the field has only aged and gotten worse. 

For what it is worth, I don't think Doug was/is a good coach. But, you cannot ignore that the overall talent on the team leaves a lot to be desired, outside of just the mess that Wentz has turned into. 

3 minutes ago, BLick12 said:

But then you're looking at a crazy double standard considering he fired a SB winning coach and is trading the QB that set them up for the SB run.  

Not to mention the rest of the team at practically every single other position on the field has only aged and gotten worse. 

For what it is worth, I don't think Doug was/is a good coach. But, you cannot ignore that the overall talent on the team leaves a lot to be desired, outside of just the mess that Wentz has turned into. 

Well, things change. Evolve. Carson was an ascending talent. Now, looks like a shell of himself. Maybe Howie would be wrong in moving on from these guys but aren’t you looking for a GM to acknowledge new information and use it accordingly. If you’re moving on from Wentz, now is the time. He waits a year and Wentz truly is now garbage water then what a catastrophe it would be. It’s almost like day trading stocks. He used a lot of assets to get a big return, got it and is now flipping it to potentially get another big return. Of course you want stability in your HC and QB but those parts were clearly not functioning well. Who really knows what happened with everything but still, at least he’s being proactive. I’d rather him have conviction and move on and possibly be wrong than sitting on his hands and hoping things work out. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Well, things change. Evolve. Carson was an ascending talent. Now, looks like a shell of himself. Maybe Howie would be wrong in moving on from these guys but aren’t you looking for a GM to acknowledge new information and use it accordingly. If you’re moving on from Wentz, now is the time. He waits a year and Wentz truly is now garbage water then what a catastrophe it would be. It’s almost like day trading stocks. He used a lot of assets to get a big return, got it and is now flipping it to potentially get another big return. Of course you want stability in your HC and QB but those parts were clearly not functioning well. Who really knows what happened with everything but still, at least he’s being proactive. I’d rather him have conviction and move on and possibly be wrong than sitting on his hands and hoping things work out. 

I want a GM that gets his pick right, especially when he trades the farm to get his guy and then signs him to an extension.  If you're making that bet on a player and you're wrong (short of the player having a career ending injury), I'm sorry, but you're out. Both drafting Hurts and trading Wentz now is conceding that he was wrong. How the coach and others get held accountable, but not Howie is baffling to me. 

We literally have to reset this franchise because Howie was wrong about that pick.  And worst of all, we have to do it with the same guy that not a single fan should have a shred of confidence in to rebuild it correctly especially given that the team is even worse than what he first inherited. 

24 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

That was brutal to watch. I cant stand him. Never understood why people like him. He's saying let the SB go but the SB broke him. He doesn't like anything Eagles anymore. I'm ashamed he's a part of our fan base. 

He's so stupid. He does make me laugh sometimes though.

At one point, he was doing food reviews and it was Domino's Philly cheesesteak pizza and the review "I f*cks with the cheese, I f*cks with the sauce....I f*cks with the meat too it's pretty good. And I got breadsticks!!". 

Edited by Jlash