QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

4 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

This too is blown out of proportion to fit the Wentz agenda. 

He like most QB wanted and was given the ability to change plays at the LOS. Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Watson,  (insert name here). Problem was he had to abuse that power because our idiot HC can't call plays. Lost his mojo, lost his playbook. Was lost as a play caller.

So why wouldn't the QB who was in that system, reading saud defense audible to what he thought was a better play call? Problem with that was the amount of injuries and the complete and utter lack of Chemistry with 3 Rookie WR's, a 2nd year Bust. Leaving only the great Greg Ward and a newbie named Travis Fulgham. 

It was all doomed from the start.

he didn't listen to his position coach is the problem. 

25 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think he's fine, far worse out there.

It's just a special cocktail that happened here.

I think he came in and was treated like he was a savior by everyone. 
This fit in well with being a big fish at NDSU.

Once he had success in 2017 it cemented that. But once he got hurt and Foles took his team to the Super Bowl and won it in spectacular fashion, I truly think it messed with him. Stories and videos came out that he took it hard.

I get having conflicted feelings, but the following year he pressed himself so hard he got the back injuries and was just playing off. Then yet again Foles came in and lead the team and this time better than he did that year into the playoffs.

At this point I think he lost some guys in the lockerroom, who favored Nick.
They both are semi-vocal but kinda silent types...Nick has always just been way more humble about it and Carson has some type A too him

You have Doug who went the opposite from Carson. Where I think had imposter syndrome and tried to overcorrect it. I think Doug totally bought into himself and slowly lost all the staff that helped him do such a good job in 2017. And the two grated on each other over the years.

Once Howie took Hurts I think Carson really was hurt by that and again pressed himself to be better and broke himself.
Like almost every facet of his game was broken this year.

If you want Carson to do well you gotta just let him breath, lower expectations and support him.
Ideally in a market that will do the same. I don't think the Bears are his best fit, Indy would be way better for him. But Howie is gonna do what is better for us.

Carson is a good guy, just the situation here became toxic.

Sincerely appreciate the info in this post, cheers brother.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, G08 said:

Sincerely appreciate the info in this post, cheers brother.

He got really bad about taking sacks last year he started to watch the pass rushers and stop looking down field. With your Oline situation I don't think Carson would be a great fit there either. 

6 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

He got really bad about taking sacks last year he started to watch the pass rushers and stop looking down field. With your Oline situation I don't think Carson would be a great fit there either. 

I've wondered if Dillard will get moved with him. Doesn't seem to be much of a future for him here.
They throw him in to look a little better and that makes them feel better about a pick next year too.

Think it makes sense for the Colts too, who just lost their LT to retirement. Ertz could also be lumped in.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

I've wondered if Dillard will get moved with him. Doesn't seem to be much of a future for him here.
They throw him in to look a little better and that makes them feel better about a pick next year too.

Think it makes sense for the Colts too, who just lost their LT to retirement. Ertz could also be lumped in.

You have to get value out of Dillard though he can't be a throw in.

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I'm not calling Dillard a throw in by any means. He's a promising young prospect who has some real legitimate tools to work with. He played better his rookie season than what he's been given credit for. I'd want some legit compensation for him alone.

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You have to get value out of Dillard though he can't be a throw in.

They would, what would his value be though?

Throw in to make the deal look a little better for them, not giving him away per se.

Like if they are waffling on a pick next year you could use him to keep it high and/or make the conditions more achievable.
If I was the Bears or Colts I'd ask.

Like if they are talking a conditional 1-3 next year and we only get a 1st if they make the super bowl, and trading Dillard makes it a locked in 1st, maybe you do it.

1 minute ago, DeSean Jackson said:

If we don’t get a 1st and Atleast a 3rd I want to run it back with Wentz with the oline coming back healthy. I’d bet on him regaining his value then him playing the same way

Unfortunately he hates it here and Howie sucks at his job so none of this will happen