Jump to content

QB 2021 and beyond


Recommended Posts

I'm pretty convinced that this team will never win anything significant with Wentz under center (I'll eat crow if they do). His contract is an albatross, he plays careless with the football, and he doesn't seem to have any redeemable leadership traits. The guys way too streaky man

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RBreezy said:

I'm pretty convinced that this team will never win anything significant with Wentz under center (I'll eat crow if they do). His contract is an albatross, he plays careless with the football, and he doesn't seem to have any redeemable leadership traits. The guys way too streaky man

Some of his issues, like throwing the ball away, in theory are an easy fix. Yet, he doesn't correct the problem, it makes no sense. Does he just refuse to do it? Can he mentally not change? It is baffling. Whatever the reason is, a lot of turnovers have resulted this season from simply not throwing the ball out of bounds. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

All of it, however, is contingent on quarterback Carson Wentz not being terrible, as he admitted Sunday after turning the ball over four more times. He has 16 turnovers this season – 12 interceptions and four lost fumbles – the most in the NFL.

“I’m not good enough," Wentz said. 

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/nfl/eagles/2020/11/02/nfl-trade-deadline-even-carson-wentz-struggles-eagles-should-not-buyers/3752323001/

 

Wonder if his confidence is shook. He has all the physical abilities. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I originally said there's no chance Wentz would be benched this season, but I'm not so sure now. He's been making some extraordinarily bad decisions. The occasional late-game heroics will keep him as the starter for now, but we we have a rough stretch after the Giants game. Honestly, he's probably going to be replaced after getting himself injured. My guess is Myles Garrett takes him out in Week 11.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm conflicted because the starting OL is in shambles, and our WRs are nobodies. But at the same time he's screwing up things he shouldn't be screwing up. I mean we don't have Miles Sanders, Zach Ertz, haven't had Alshon, won't have Desean... we need some help, but at the same time, Carson isn't helping himself, making stupid decisions. I don't know how much we can blame the supporting cast on Carson holding the ball forever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how a QB who hasnt thrown more then 7 INT in 4 of his 5 seasons just all of a sudden fell off a cliff, sucks and needs to go. 

It's almost like losing 6 OL, 3 WR, 2TE and the best RB since Lesean McCoy is causing him to think he has to do more for some reason? Be Superman, even if it's not needed?

I'm actually less concerned then most.  Only because several of those 12 players listed above "should " be coming back in the following weeks. I dont care how we look/looked through week 8. How we look weeks 15-20 does!

If Wentz still looks like this by seasons end, then I'll get concerned.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Phire said:

I'm conflicted because the starting OL is in shambles, and our WRs are nobodies. But at the same time he's screwing up things he shouldn't be screwing up. I mean we don't have Miles Sanders, Zach Ertz, haven't had Alshon, won't have Desean... we need some help, but at the same time, Carson isn't helping himself, making stupid decisions. I don't know how much we can blame the supporting cast on Carson holding the ball forever. 

The guy literally rolled out the wrong way yesterday to avoid pressure and instead of just throwing it away because his receivers were on the other side of the field he lifted the football above his head and let himself take a sack and fumbled.

 

Like that was one of the dumbest things I ever seen in my life. Good Qbs never do that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

It's funny how a QB who hasnt thrown more then 7 INT in 4 of his 5 seasons just all of a sudden fell off a cliff, sucks and needs to go. 

It's almost like losing 6 OL, 3 WR, 2TE and the best RB since Lesean McCoy is causing him to think he has to do more for some reason? Be Superman, even if it's not needed?

I'm actually less concerned then most.  Only because several of those 12 players listed above "should " be coming back in the following weeks. I dont care how we look/looked through week 8. How we look weeks 15-20 does!

If Wentz still looks like this by seasons end, then I'll get concerned.

I would say the receivers he had last night was one of the better groups he ever had as QB here. That's not an excuse. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...