QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

11 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Bears/Colts  could also go for Jimmy G/Matt Ryan/Darnold in addition to Carr/Watson/Wentz. Maybe Jameis too. Or Mac Jones/Trey Lance.

Exactly. I get the whole aim high and then compromise move. But eventually you have to start to be a bit more realistic about it or folk will start moving on. Wentz isn't the only option out there. He made the most sense due to the history between Wentz and the coaches on each staff, but they won't overpay for the man.

18 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Bears/Colts  could also go for Jimmy G/Matt Ryan/Darnold in addition to Carr/Watson/Wentz. Maybe Jameis too. Or Mac Jones/Trey Lance.

Sure they could. But none of them are really all that much better through the eyes of guys who coached him in in 2016-2017. Watson obviously is way better, but the picks make it tough.

Ryan isn't up for trade as far as we know, Jimmy G has shown less than Wentz and been hurt even more. Darnold is an even bigger mystery.

If you are the Bears Wentz is clearly the way to go besides maybe Carr. Who would be a higher floor and much lower ceiling move. For the Colts I think it's just Frank thinks he can fix him and Ballard wants a franchise guy and that might be their best shot being in this limbo zone of good team.

I think the Colts will hold out but doubt the Bears will have the patience.
They can't groom a QB for a couple years.

It's dumb to go in there offer a fair compromise out the gate.

Friday seemed like it was going to be good return and ever since I’ve been hearing nothing that good. Howie is trying to get a lot and no one is budging. They know we have to trade him by March 19th and they will probably wait until then if eagles aren’t budgeting. No way we pay 11 mill to Wentz if we want him gone. If he’s still on team past that date he’s staying.

The Eagles are playing hardball. The other teams know they have to trade him because he clearly wants out and they have a deadline or they will have to start paying Wentz. They won't be able to fleece teams as much as they clearly want to do. 

Interesting that Texans are in the mix. They obviously are exploring trade packages despite their denial of Watson.

Net few days will be interesting. And now Russel Wilson's name is floating...

Quite the QB Turnover of 2020