QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

10 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Doesn't matter what you'd do - the bridge is burned to the ground and keeping him here is a detriment to the team. 

Wasn't there just a report that came out that said Wentz is on good terms with Lurie and the new staff but not Howie? I'm spitballing here. Just don't want to give him up for nothing.

I have faith that Howie won't get taken advantage of through all of this though. If there's one thing he's good at, it's swindling and creating something out of nothing. I trust he's not dumb enough to include a talent like Dillard in a Wentz trade just to get him off the team. Same with Barnett and Sweat.

9 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I have faith that Howie won't get taken advantage of through all of this though. If there's one thing he's good at, it's swindling and creating something out of nothing. I trust he's not dumb enough to include a talent like Dillard in a Wentz trade just to get him off the team. Same with Barnett and Sweat.

Avery and Tate trades say differently.

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Uh Oh Sam GIF by GLOW Netflix

17 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Avery and Tate trades say differently.

Feel like those were a bit different though. He was on the opposite side of the coin on those: trading picks for players. From reports, Howie is at least being staunch in his approach, which is a good sign. Let's see how he does in the player-for-pick cockpit, rather than the inverse.

8 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feel like those were a bit different though. He was on the opposite side of the coin on those: trading picks for players. From reports, Howie is at least being staunch in his approach, which is a good sign. Let's see how he does in the player-for-pick cockpit, rather than the inverse.

you said you had faith that he wasnt dumb when it comes to trades i pointed out he totally is dumb at trades especially recently.

5 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

you said you had faith that he wasnt dumb when it comes to trades i pointed out he totally is dumb at trades especially recently.

He has made some bad trades when being the one trading the pick for player. Let's see the inverse. Be glad he didn't cave yet and trade him for a 5th.

15 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He has made some bad trades when being the one trading the pick for player. Let's see the inverse. Be glad he didn't cave yet and trade him for a 5th.

Howie is the literal reason we are in this mess. He sucks and every day he keeps his job this team becomes more of a laughing stock dumpster fire. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Wasn't there just a report that came out that said Wentz is on good terms with Lurie and the new staff but not Howie? I'm spitballing here. Just don't want to give him up for nothing.

You don't bench your "franchise quarterback" for a rookie and then have said "franchise quarterback" return. It doesnt matter that it was an old regime - once he was benched he was gone and the fact that he hasn't come out and said anything publicly align with that. 

38 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

He knows there's a lot of QB hungry teams - what he's failing to realize is we have no leverage until Wentz comes out and says he's okay being here. That's why nobody has offered the absurd asking price. 

2 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

He knows there's a lot of QB hungry teams - what he's failing to realize is we have no leverage until Wentz comes out and says he's okay being here. That's why nobody has offered the absurd asking price. 

Then they need to convince Carson to come out and say something so they can get the package they really desire. It'll be better for Carson too since he'll get out quicker and possibly he can have his say on where he goes since they'd likely have multiple good offers. I'm sure he'd love to go to Indy.