QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

18 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Whats the latest on this situation? I will reiterate my previous post... Tell Wentz he signed the contract and if our haul isn't enough to offset his 33mill in dead cap, either RESTRUCTURE or bring your butt back and compete for the starting job... And the notion that you can't bring him back is bologna - Especially if you make him earn the starting job. If the birds don't get a first, sorry Wentz - See you at OTAs where your starting job will be up in the air since you got outplayed last season by a rookie.... Don't want to have that situation? Then restructure and the Birds will take a lesser deal where the dead cap hit isn't close to what it is (blame it on your performance this past season that it has gotten to this point).

I'm actually ok with this somewhat...if they give him for scraps it doesn't helps us long term. I'll take a couple 2nds or a conditional and a 2nd. He play X amount of games or a playoff game or something. 

Otherwise let's see him compete for the gig. Hell he may fit what Sirianni and company wants to run. If he plays better than last year we could try again next offseason when his value is raised. 

I'm more upset that he practically sucked his way into a trade. Middle of the pack QBs don't get traded for scraps. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Otherwise let's see him compete for the gig

If he had any interest in 'competing for the gig' he wouldn't have asked out before and after Doug got canned. He doesn't want to compete for the job. It's his or it's not.

If he did want to compete for the job, he would've backed off the trade request after Doug was gone. I believe the second wave of trade request rumblings also came before the Brian Johnson hire so that can't be pointed to either. 

Edited by Jlash
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

If he had any interest in 'competing for the gig' he wouldn't have asked out before and after Doug got canned. He doesn't want to compete for the job. It's his or it's not.

If he did want to compete for the job, he would've backed off the trade request after Doug was gone. I believe the second wave of trade request rumblings also came before the Brian Johnson hire so that can't be pointed to either. 

Did he actually request a trade formally or through his agent. Link? Not beat reporters and yes I believe inaction speaks volumes. 

I also believe he doesn’t want to compete for it. Otherwise he would’ve done his welcome to Philly spiel. 

Bears likely want some signal from Wentz camp that he would accept the trade (meaning: be on board). Bears don't continue with the trade without this assurance.

I think this ends with Wentz to Colts, and Wentz signaling he'll like to join the Colts, and the second 2nd rounder be conditional to be upgraded to 1st if Colts get to the AFCCG.

7 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Did he actually request a trade formally or through his agent. Link? Not beat reporters and yes I believe inaction speaks volumes. 

I also believe he doesn’t want to compete for it. Otherwise he would’ve done his welcome to Philly spiel. 

His inactions speak volumes towards what? 

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

Cool, cool, cool, so now this baby is going to cost us 2 first round picks. Cry his way out of a trade to the Bears for a 1st and then basically forcing the Eagles to use 6 for a QB. I am so dooooooooone with this dude. Goodbye. Get out, I wish you zero success in the future Carson. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Cool, cool, cool, so now this baby is going to cost us 2 first round picks. Cry his way out of a trade to the Bears for a 1st and then basically forcing the Eagles to use 6 for a QB. I am so dooooooooone with this dude. Goodbye. Get out, I wish you zero success in the future Carson. 

BUT HOW DO YOU KNOW HE WANTS OUT?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Yeah, I am definitely over defending this loser. Get the hell out and I hope he fails miserably. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Why would Wentz force the Eagles to spend the #6 pick on a QB? We have the great Jalen Hurts? If you're trading Wentz, that's on Howie if he drafts a QB!!

I actually have to give Carson props for being the 1st player in NFL history WITHOUT having a No trade clause (not) to dictate his trade status. That's impressive. 

I just cannot comprehend what the hell Philly is doing.  You guys want to dump Wentz after 1 bad year?  Seriously do you know how screwed up 2020 was?  It was the weirdest year any of us will experience in our lives.  On top of that the guy didn't get a preseason and you guys had a lame duck HC who didn't know what he was doing.  You don't make wholesale changes after a year like that.  Now you want to dump Wentz for pennies and turn the keys over to a guy who lost his starting job in college?  That is just idiotic.  

Wake up.  You fired Peterson.  Now dump Jalen Hurts for whatever you can get and kiss Carson's *** a little bit.  Take a WR in round 1 and go win the division next year.  How hard is that?  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I just cannot comprehend what the hell Philly is doing.  You guys want to dump Wentz after 1 bad year?  Seriously do you know how screwed up 2020 was?  It was the weirdest year any of us will experience in our lives.  On top of that the guy didn't get a preseason and you guys had a lame duck HC who didn't know what he was doing.  You don't make wholesale changes after a year like that.  Now you want to dump Wentz for pennies and turn the keys over to a guy who lost his starting job in college?  That is just idiotic.  

Wake up.  You fired Peterson.  Now dump Jalen Hurts for whatever you can get and kiss Carson's *** a little bit.  Take a WR in round 1 and go win the division next year.  How hard is that?  

Wentz doesn't want to be here, pretty simple

• Like 2