QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Just spit balling and I know my heads in the clouds but can’t get Watson out of my head. How many teams have an opening and are realistically in position and in the market for a QB? 8-10? How many of those teams would he go to? 3-4? The rumors of him going for 3-4 1sts I think are overblown. He’s going to go for much lower I think. When’s that shoe drop? 

He will require at least three first round picks. Stafford costed two. Wentz one. Most likely he costs 4 and more compensation. I don’t think those reports are overblown at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

He will require at least three first round picks. Stafford costed two. Wentz one. Most likely he costs 4 and more compensation. I don’t think those reports are overblown at all. 

Eh I like Watson but I'm not giving up 3-4 first round picks maybe 2...The Rams got bent over they knew they couldn't do much else. 

He reminds me too much of Carson, holding the ball, some spotty mechanics, hero ball. Dinged up. 

I think the Rams paid the Lions to take Goff so I thinks it’s a little skewed. I think 2 and change gets it done maybe. I’m most likely wrong I just don’t see how a guy like that hits the trade market and he isn’t dealt immediately for some absurd compensation. Maybe it’s a game of chicken but going through the league, I don’t find more than a few teams really able and attractive enough to make sense for everyone involved. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

I think the Rams paid the Lions to take Goff so I thinks it’s a little skewed. I think 2 and change gets it done maybe. I’m most likely wrong I just don’t see how a guy like that hits the trade market and he isn’t dealt immediately for some absurd compensation. Maybe it’s a game of chicken but going through the league, I don’t find more than a few teams really able and attractive enough to make sense for everyone involved. 

He has a NTC - that's why it's taking so long, he's in control of everything that happens. I feel like if he didn't have the NTC he would've already been dealt. 

• Like 1

That's false too. Watson has a No trade clause, can pick and choose where he goes. So much like Carson if Watson wants to go to Miami and the Dolphibs know this like Indy,  they don't have to over pay.

All the Stafford deal did, was make every other deal afterwards look Rediculous in comparison. Great job by Detroit being the first domino to fall.

Be shocked if Miami gives up more the Two 1st rd picks which will  include the Texans original #3 overall.

1 minute ago, nlesthought said:

Eh I like Watson but I'm not giving up 3-4 first round picks maybe 2...The Rams got bent over they knew they couldn't do much else. 

He reminds me too much of Carson, holding the ball, some spotty mechanics, hero ball. Dinged up. 

He was in a worse situation than Wentz this year and completed 70% of his passes 4800 yards 30+ TD’s and only 7 INTs. He is an absolute stud who is just coming into his best years. 

He is a different beast completely if he were to be traded. Guys like that don’t get traded. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

It'll be a little different because we pick at 6, that's worth two later firsts.

So theoretically it could look better than the massive amount of firsts people think Watson would get.
We certainly have the ammo to do it if they move him. It's just like, what will he have around him?

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

That's false too. Watson has a No trade clause, can pick and choose where he goes. So much like Carson if Watson wants to go to Miami and the Dolphibs know this like Indy,  they don't have to over pay.

All the Stafford deal did, was make every other deal afterwards look Rediculous in comparison. Great job by Detroit being the first domino to fall.

Be shocked if Miami gives up more the Two 1st rd picks which will  include the Texans original #3 overall.

The difference is that Carson was a QB who played horribly and got benched and had a risky future. Watson is a guaranteed stud who any team in the NFL outside of the Chiefs would love to have. The Texans should absolutely not trade him and play full on hardball with him. He is under contract for 5 more years.  The situations aren’t even remotely comparable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

It'll be a little different because we pick at 6, that's worth two later firsts.

So theoretically it could look better than the massive amount of firsts people think Watson would get.
We certainly have the ammo to do it if they move him. It's just like, what will he have around him?

I think if we were in position to get the top 2 QBs we could be in. 

Well, I don’t think we have everything right now obviously. If you believe in the bevy of young WRs, a really good young RB and TE duo with a lot of cap space in the next couple years then this may look attractive to someone. He’s only 25. He’s got a couple years to possibly reset before really competing. 

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The difference is that Carson was a QB who played horribly and got benched and had a risky future. Watson is a guaranteed stud who any team in the NFL outside of the Chiefs would love to have. The Texans should absolutely not trade him and play full on hardball with him. He is under contract for 5 more years.  The situations aren’t even remotely comparable. 

Sure they are pretend otherwise all you want. 

Play hardball with Watson, conduct detrimental to the team dock his pay accordingly because he refuses to suit up as a Texans. 

That accomplishes what to make the 2021 Texans better? Does it enhance his trade value for 2022? Or make him look like petulant child for sitting out?

Watson has ALL of the leverage,  Texans have None!

6 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I think if we were in position to get the top 2 QBs we could be in. 

Well, I don’t think we have everything right now obviously. If you believe in the bevy of young WRs, a really good young RB and TE duo with a lot of cap space in the next couple years then this may look attractive to someone. He’s only 25. He’s got a couple years to possibly reset before really competing. 

I like Watson and it'd be great to have him. He's a top 7 QB and can get as high as 2 any given year.
So if they can get him without killing the franchise it's worth pushing for.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

I’m all for giving Hurts a shot. He’s fun to watch and easy to cheer for. If a QB they like drops to 6, it would make sense not to pass either though.

Trading up for one might feel yikes 

I can't help but feel like this if we trade up for one of these QBs

tenor.gif?itemid=4939471