QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

2 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mastercheddaar's Crack Pipe Dream Trade of the Day! 

giphy.gif

Philly gets DeShaun Watson

Texas gets Eagles 1st, 3rd and Indy's 3rd in 2021. Eagles 2nd and Indy's conditional 1st/2nd in 2022. Jalen Hurts, Derek Barnett, and Zach Ertz. 

We then cut some dead weight and restructure a few contracts to make the cap numbers work. 

Yeah yeah I know put the bottle down. 

Go Birds

MC

DeShaun, welcome to the squad

giphy.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, nlesthought said:

Exactly why you don’t spend the capital on an expensive FA or a 1st round rookie when you’re trying to flip the roster. 

where does everyone see Mac Jones or Trask going? I wouldn’t go higher than a 3rd for either but then you have competition. 

maybe a trubisky on a 1 yr deal

I'm kind of here for this.....

2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This will make the introductions on the first day of camp really easy.

"Deshaun have you met Deshaun?" 

I will burn Howie at the stake if he doesn't keep DeSean around. Bring in Shady too. Matter of fact, bring in all the Seans! Philaseanphia Eagles

3 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Mastercheddaar's Crack Pipe Dream Trade of the Day! 

giphy.gif

Philly gets DeShaun Watson

Texas gets Eagles 1st, 3rd and Indy's 3rd in 2021. Eagles 2nd and Indy's conditional 1st/2nd in 2022. Jalen Hurts, Derek Barnett, and Zach Ertz. 

We then cut some dead weight and restructure a few contracts to make the cap numbers work. 

Yeah yeah I know put the bottle down. 

Go Birds

MC

Then Watson's agent informs Not only the Texans but Howie Roseman,  🖕 im not going.

Edited by Nabbs4u

How in the hell are people judging Hurts after he took over a dumpster fire and played only 4 games as a rookie?!

He played 4 games, had 1000 yards passing, 350 yards rushing and 9 TDs. Extrapolate those numbers and tell me that’s not a good start for a rookie. Let him get a full season in, jeez. Why would you ever judge a rookie QB off of 4 games? Let him try to counter the counter at least. Sheesh. 

46 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

How in the hell are people judging Hurts after he took over a dumpster fire and played only 4 games as a rookie?!

He played 4 games, had 1000 yards passing, 350 yards rushing and 9 TDs. Extrapolate those numbers and tell me that’s not a good start for a rookie. Let him get a full season in, jeez. Why would you ever judge a rookie QB off of 4 games? Let him try to counter the counter at least. Sheesh. 

The issue I have was his consistent massive drop off after half time. His numbers before and after the break are astonishly concerning.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

The issue I have was his consistent massive drop off after half time. His numbers before and after the break are astonishly concerning.

He’s a rookie. In his first four games as a professional. And you’re ready to write him off? 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He’s a rookie. In his first four games as a professional. And you’re ready to write him off? 

Write him off? No, but I pretty much feel the same about him as I did from JJAW after his first year (which was better than most of you).

There is an off chance he could become something, but in no way should you expect it. We overdrafted Hurts by 2 rounds to begin with. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Danger said:

Write him off? No, but I pretty much feel the same about him as I did from JJAW after his first year (which was better than most of you).

There is an off chance he could become something, but in no way should you expect it. We overdrafted Hurts by 2 rounds to begin with. 

I don’t disagree but what does his draft slot mean now? He can play or he can’t. And it’s entirely too early to say either way. I don’t know why it’s an “off chance”. What hasn’t he done that other future successful QBs did that makes it such a struggle for him to succeed? 4 games bro. It’s just not enough to have a strong feeling one way or another yet. 

Let’s play a game:

QB - A 2-2

594 yards passing 
4 TDs 4 INTs 8 sacks 
80 yards rushing 0TDs 
1 Fumble, 1 Lost 

QB - B 0-4
992 yards passing 
3 TDs 11 INTs 11 sacks 
33 yards rushing 0 TDs 
1 Fumbles, 1 Lost 

QB - C 3-1 
600 yards passing 
3 TDs 3 INTs 8 sacks 
332 yards rushing 2 TDs 
6 Fumbles, 2 Lost 

QB - D 1-3
1018 yards passing 
6 TDs 4 INTs 13 sacks 
301 yards rushing 3 TDs 
6 Fumbles, 2 Lost 

Can you tell me which of these 4 bundles of stats are which QBs. And tell me, after their first four starts, how you would know who would fail and succeed.  

4 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t disagree but what does his draft slot mean now? He can play or he can’t. And it’s entirely too early to say either way. I don’t know why it’s an “off chance”. What hasn’t he done that other future successful QBs did that makes it such a struggle for him to succeed? 4 games bro. It’s just not enough to have a strong feeling one way or another yet. 

What I'm saying is you guys are using his draft slot as a reason to justify expecting something from him. When you think about it, he wasn't really that special to begin with and nothing I saw last year gave me any reason to change my opinion on that. He played like a 4th round rookie QB.

49 minutes ago, Danger said:

What I'm saying is you guys are using his draft slot as a reason to justify expecting something from him. When you think about it, he wasn't really that special to begin with and nothing I saw last year gave me any reason to change my opinion on that. He played like a 4th round rookie QB.

I’m not doing anything about anything. I watched him play last year, I saw some things I like and some things he needs work on. But he’s not a finished product by any means. College doesn’t tell you everything you need to know. And it certainly doesn’t into his first four games as a pro. See my post above. How can you tell a difference between those QBs and determine who was what in college and how they turned out in the pros?