QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

28 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Keep the smoke screen up that you want to take a QB

get a haul for pick 6 with an extra first next year.

Start Hurts for a year and build around him in this draft.

If Hurts isn't the guy, you have 3 firsts to go get your guy in 2021.

PROFIT 

idk man. I'm just not sold on any QBs in 2022 at this point. The best out there right now is Sam Howell and he's not super inspiring. Maybe there'll be a riser, but the QB class looks disappointing at this point in time.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

idk man. I'm just not sold on any QBs in 2022 at this point. The best out there right now is Sam Howell and he's not super inspiring. Maybe there'll be a riser, but the QB class looks disappointing at this point in time.

This is assuming Wilson goes at 2 and someone trades up for 3 for Fields. I would rather this plan than Trey Lance 100/100. 1 year of FBS starting in mostly a QB running based system. I'd rather take the trade back and see what I got in Hurts rather than draft maybe a slightly better Hurts. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

There looks to be a decent field of QBs who could rise more. Howell is like a Mighty Kids Meal version of Baker Mayfield.

But after him you have a pretty decent list of potential risers. More guys than this year.

Right now Wilson, Fields, Lance probably would be near the top if you combined the classes. But some of those guys could easily change that. Lots of athleticism next year.

Also worst case, we make a trade next year for a vet. No guarantees the Watson stuff goes through this year. You have Rodgers and Wilson potentially continuing being annoyed by their teams. If we had 3 firsts any trade is possible.

57 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

This is assuming Wilson goes at 2 and someone trades up for 3 for Fields. I would rather this plan than Trey Lance 100/100. 1 year of FBS starting in mostly a QB running based system. I'd rather take the trade back and see what I got in Hurts rather than draft maybe a slightly better Hurts. 

I'm all for Wilson or Fields if they drop to 6, or Lance if we trade back to say... 9-11 and he's still around. 

Don't give up any more assets to get a guy this year IMO.

2 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/jason-avant-jalen-hurts-never-acted-backup-carson-wentz

Fun little read about Hurts. Stuff like this gets me excited to see what he's got. Hopefully we take one of those WRs and really give him a legit shot

Do appreciate Hurts work ethic. Fact that he’s already been training for a bit is nice to see as is the WR summit he’s having soon. Jalen’s QB coach has posted videos of the last couple weeks. Neither were really things that seemed to come naturally to Wentz.

Not saying these guys don’t deserve to take a break either, but looking back and dissecting Carson’s time here that’s probably one criticism you can throw out easy is that when it came to offseasons or byes he kinda kept work at the office a bit. Some guys that works out fine, just don’t think it did him many favors.

It should go over well in the locker room, and will go over well in the city.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

can we even make enough moves to have the money to take on russ?

Yeah, I’m sure restructures become way easier when they know it’s to get Russ. When he’s here you can also rework his deal. Him being a consistent top 10 QB you can feel better kicking some of that money further out too.