QB 2022 and beyond

RandyMossIsBoss

Carson proved last year he can play and win with trash. That’s what separated him from other QBs. Not saying that’s what he should expect for his whole career but what’s changed? He still has been throwing to an underwhelming crew. All of a sudden he can’t play the position because his receivers stink now? I don’t buy it. There’s something up with him. Injuries, coaching, play calling, something....

3 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Carson proved last year he can play and win with trash. That’s what separated him from other QBs. Not saying that’s what he should expect for his whole career but what’s changed? He still has been throwing to an underwhelming crew. All of a sudden he can’t play the position because his receivers stink now? I don’t buy it. There’s something up with him. Injuries, coaching, play calling, something....

Exactly, he had games throwing to legitimately worse groups last year than he’s had so far. Now this upcoming SNF might be the worst group yet he’s working with, and against a great D? Poor numbers would be nothing to worry about, but that doesn’t excuse throwing right at defenders and into triple coverage, or flat out missing give me throws. 

^^^ Attempted Change in Offensive Philosophy!

Heavy 12 Personnel with Zero deep threats to the point we rarely took shots downfield last year, like ever!!

To a

KC Offensive type switch adding 4 Speedster, plus Desean! You all honesty think these first 3 gms looked like last years Offensive playcalling? New Offense with limited off season reps hasnt help.

Jake Taraska

@Jake_Taraska

#Eagles Carson Wentz has played with 20 WRs in his career:

10 of them are no longer in the NFL

DJAX has missed last 16/20 games

Alshon has missed last 10/20 games

Greg Ward is his best WR

Agholor & Golden Tate

The other 5 has a combined 25 career catches

Believe 3 of those bolded will be playing. Yeah that sounds like a Recipe for success. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 10/2/2020 at 6:51 AM, Jroc04 said:

What if Alshonymous was right and that’s why he’s still on the team? 

He was right, but you still keep that in house. You don't talk to Josina about it like she's your mic'd up therapist.

Alshon is not Edward Snowden. He's Lucas from the movie Good Boys during the super market scene with the cop.

Good Boys review – gleefully bad-taste tween comedy | Action and adventure  films | The Guardian

Edited by Jeezla

7 hours ago, Phire said:

Still looked shaky on SNF. But maybe a little better than we've seen. Good throw to Fulgram (sp?) in stride. I don't think we can give up on Carson until we fix the OL and get some WR talent.

Definitely thought he looked better, and Doug deserves some of the credit for that. He simplified things last night for Carson.. and I know you usually never want to hear your 5th year QB needing things "simplified", but when your confidence surely has been shaken to some degree and you're going up against a good D with virtually no weapons and a banged up OL, I'm all for simplifying things. Carson stuck to gameplan and made good decisions on his option runs and quick throws. Had a couple of escaped sacks, and the beautiful game changing TD throw.

Still missing some routine easy throws, and overall his accuracy is not where it needs to be. Added another TO. Overall a solid game at best, but I was happy to see no inexcusable decisions, which we saw in each of prior 3 weeks.

8 hours ago, Phire said:

Still looked shaky on SNF. But maybe a little better than we've seen. Good throw to Fulgram (sp?) in stride. I don't think we can give up on Carson until we fix the OL and get some WR talent.

He was meh last night which is an upgrade over outright terrible. 

I think continuity and familiarity with the WR's or lack there of has played more a factor to his start to the season then most want to admit.

That graphic last night taking about Wentz being the only QB to have had 10 different WR's run 50+ Routes through 3 gms, speaks volumes. 

How can you build trust or get a rhythm when you are literally throwing to WR for the first time in a game, practice 2 days before? That throw to Ham was to a spot, a spot Wentz was hoping he could make it too. Had it been incomplete,  bad throw by Carson ,Wentz  misses again. Not the WR and his timing, Wentz.

Sad part is when he's given 💩 to work with he looks great or at least good. When given weapons upon weapons Doug wants to change the entire Offense instead of just adding to what we showed last night. Mindboggling to me?

2 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Also Carson out there running read options feels like doug is slowly making the offense to Jalen Hurts strengths lol

Wentz can run the RPO in his sleep and well! Problem is your most likely going to get him injured which is why they rarely do it as it is intended.

Wentz is an Athlete but a oft injured one!!

Edited by Nabbs4u